Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By turbotype87
Ruger & S&W are great choices. I'm a Ruger man myself, But have owned a S&W in my day. 686 is a great choice. I just bought a new Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in 44mag with a 2 1/2'' barrel. If your looking for a gun that can handle any loads go with the Ruger you won't be sorry.
By myglimk2
Can't wait to shoot my new Ruger GP100 4''. Have a feeling that will be my new favorite wheel gun. Has a light and smooth double action. 8)
By magneton44
Nice Choice..!!
By SR9
magneton44 wrote:Favorite > Smith & Wesson 19-3 4"
Other favorites > Model 36 No Dash, Model 64-5 3" and a newly acquired, NIB Unfired Model 10-7 . And of course, My Ruger Police Service-Six 2.75" Stainless
:D :D

These>>>

Very nice family of wheelies ya got there. I need to improve on what I have.
By magneton44
SR9 wrote:
magneton44 wrote:Favorite > Smith & Wesson 19-3 4"
Other favorites > Model 36 No Dash, Model 64-5 3" and a newly acquired, NIB Unfired Model 10-7 . And of course, My Ruger Police Service-Six 2.75" Stainless
:D :D

These>>>

Very nice family of wheelies ya got there. I need to improve on what I have.
Thank You..I just need that ever elusive model 10 heavy barrel :)
By magneton44
SR9 wrote:I will keep a look out for ya on that one. I cannot say I have ever seen one.
Thanks!, Appreciate that. :)
By myglimk2
My GP100 4'' is officially my favorite wheel gun! :D

Bought it brand new last week and finally got out to shoot it for the first time today with Pain. We put over 750+ rounds through it and it ran like a champ. The hammer started to get a little sticky towards the end of those 700 rounds. I plan on doing a complete strip down and clean/lube.
Was plinking the steel pan at 100yards off a sand bag pretty easy to.

We also ran into Messeleven while we were there. Very nice fellow shooter! 8)
By CTSixshot
Probably the old recipe of Unique in some of those loads, if that's what you were shooting.
By myglimk2
Yah they were all your reloads we were shooting. It liked the heavier stuff.
By CTSixshot
If any of those had Unique under them, it was likely several decades old. Unique was notably pretty dirty. I sometimes use the old stuff in my plinking ammo; it always works from my experience, as long as it's stored moderately well.
Good job!
By MessEleven
myglimk2 wrote:My GP100 4'' is officially my favorite wheel gun! :D

Bought it brand new last week and finally got out to shoot it for the first time today with Pain. We put over 750+ rounds through it and it ran like a champ. The hammer started to get a little sticky towards the end of those 700 rounds. I plan on doing a complete strip down and clean/lube.

Really great meeting you and Pain today! Had to run, so I missed the fun with the new Savage...hopefully some other time. But that GP100 is sweet!
By SR9
magneton44 wrote:
SR9 wrote:I will keep a look out for ya on that one. I cannot say I have ever seen one.
Thanks!, Appreciate that. :)
Sent you a PM on a model 10.
By myglimk2
MessEleven wrote:
myglimk2 wrote:My GP100 4'' is officially my favorite wheel gun! :D

Really great meeting you and Pain today! Had to run, so I missed the fun with the new Savage...hopefully some other time. But that GP100 is sweet!
It's alright. I'm sure we'll run into you again at WLOPA. :wink:
The Savage is an excellent shooting rifle with an awesome trigger! So awesome that Pain got... Nevermind, I'll keep that story under wraps! :lmao:
But, yes the GP shot awesome! You should have tried it!
By myglimk2
CTSixshot wrote:If any of those had Unique under them, it was likely several decades old. Unique was notably pretty dirty. I sometimes use the old stuff in my plinking ammo; it always works from my experience, as long as it's stored moderately well.
Good job!
I'll take a pic of the GP to show you how dirty that Ol' Unique powder was before I clean it today! :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!