Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By mx247
Purchased my first Glock today Gen 4 G22. Can't wat to get to the range with it. I am also thinking of getting a 9mm conversion barrel for it, anyone out there tried one? Any recommendations on brand, Lone Wolf seems to be popular.
By BigJonBoy
The first handgun I ever purchased was a Gen 4 g22. I love it.
By hayes1966
Lone Wolf make a real conversion barrel, simply sticking a standard glock 9mm barrel in will work but may not all of the time.

Advantage Arms makes a 22 conversion kit for these but the prices of these have gone through the roof.
By XM15
I have a Lone Wolf in my G21.

Check out KKM as well.
By mx247
I ordered the Lonewolf barrel and G17 guide rod/recoil spring finally got the chance to shoot it this past weekend. Gun ran great no loading or fail to eject issues. I was shooting cheap steel cased Wolf ammo.
The mag capacity ban kind of puts a damper on having such a large gun but the lower weight makes it carry better then my 1911, oh well at least I have options on ammo now.
By BigJonBoy
I am thinking of getting a glock 30 or one of its variants [30sf, 30s] because of these new laws. 10 rounds of 45 acp in a ''baby'' glock doesn't sound too bad at all. does anyone know if I can carry it 10+1 or do I have to have 9+1?
By mu2bdriver
BigJonBoy wrote:does anyone know if I can carry it 10+1 or do I have to have 9+1?
By '+1' I'm assuming you mean one round chambered vs a capacity increase accessory. If that's the case, yes 10+1 is fine as the new law only covers magazine capacity and not the round you have chambered.
By hayes1966
BigJonBoy wrote:I am thinking of getting a glock 30 or one of its variants [30sf, 30s] because of these new laws. 10 rounds of 45 acp in a ''baby'' glock doesn't sound too bad at all. does anyone know if I can carry it 10+1 or do I have to have 9+1?
The 30 & 36 are both sub compact models and normally only hold 6 rounds so they wouldn't be an issue under the current laws.

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g36
By jtf650
The 30 is a doublestack subcompact and it does hold 10.
By hayes1966
Opps ... shows how much I played with mine when I had it.
Last edited by hayes1966 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BigJonBoy
Yes, I meant 10 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!