Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Sherrie
It definitely looks compact enough to carry easily. Nice.
By JohnB
chris, nice ! good choice
By PaiN
Hell of a way to start off :wink:
By hayes1966
That is one house I would not like to go into uninvited !!!
By DRU
Very nice!! so how did it shoot?
By ChrisNCT
The wife and I took her 1911 Springfield Armory Micro Compact .45ACP out.

I know there is better ammo out there but we bought some Magtech 230gr. FMJ .45ACP for first time shooting. Today at the range we put 2 mags (14 shots) through it. I experienced 3 rounds perfect, next shot failure to extract, next shot cycled but then stove-piped the next round followed by more of the failure to extract.

I looked at the brass and the extractor does seem not to grab the rim that good. It's not uniformly around the rim. Or I am just not seeing something.

Here's the gun and some of the brass. I'm not sure if I will be taking this up with Sprifield Armory or just going to try another extractor from Brownells or Midway.

By SR9
Sweet! Happy shooting!
By Sebring_Pop
Now that is one nice bouncing boy.
By CTSixshot
ChrisNCT:
I don't profess to know anything about 1911-style firearms, but that's a definite extractor related issue. Could it be improper extractor contact, the round being under pressure when the extractor tries to extract or other? ...who knows!

I wouldn't think the 45 ACP would have pressure issues like that, but I'm not familiar with Mag-tech ammo either. You've cycled other ammo through that beast? If you get repeat failures with other ammo, too, I'd send these pics/description to SA and let them offer suggestions first.

No doubt a pricey piece, I'd say get SA to make it right. You shouldn't have to expend any funds for after-market fixes until you exhaust SA's customer service.

Good luck.
By JohnB
chris i'll give you some other kind of ammo to try in it first before you start spending money on it, it'd suck if that is all it is
By hayes1966
I was going to ask if it was limp rist shooting but I'll let you suggest that to Chris tomorrow from the other side of the shop. I suggest you stand close to the door and have your car running outside :lol:
By ChrisNCT
Nope..no limp wrist.

I ended up dropping it off to JoJo's tonight for a "performance upgrade".

Sometime within a week it should be all set "Hopefully".

After I pick it up I'll be bringing the Magtech ammo plus another brand that I have yet to buy and will try both.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!