Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By JohnFH
Ruger MK something, been around for ever, all the aftermarket parts you could ever ask for, super reliable on almost any ammo.
By PaiN
I agree with John but l've never liked the feel of any Ruger Mk I, II or III and they are a pain in the ass to maintain.
Ruger's little SR22p on the other hand is the bomb :D
By Y3V
I have a P22 at the moment. I just need to use better technique.
I know it's not the pistol as much as its my poor execution.
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:I agree with John but l've never liked the feel of any Ruger Mk I, II or III and they are a pain in the ass to maintain.
Ruger's little SR22p on the other hand is the bomb :D
Agreed! 8)
By raze
Browning buckmark or colt woodsman.
By Hddreamer
You can't beat the ruger MK they are awesome !
By Sebring_Pop
Hands down Smith 41. I have 3 and have been shooting bullseye with them for about 40 years. All were bought used so round count unknown. I use one for indoor and have about 80,000 rounds through it with one repair, broken firing pin. Second one is used for outdoor and has about the same round count with no repairs and the third is a spare also used as a plinker with about 20,000 rounds thru it with no issues.
By Y3V
Sebring_Pop wrote:Hands down Smith 41. I have 3 and have been shooting bullseye with them for about 40 years. All were bought used so round count unknown. I use one for indoor and have about 80,000 rounds through it with one repair, broken firing pin. Second one is used for outdoor and has about the same round count with no repairs and the third is a spare also used as a plinker with about 20,000 rounds thru it with no issues.
Jesus, those are expensive. 8O
By Sebring_Pop
Yes they are expensive BUT years ago the state used to auction firearms, pistols and long guns in the building in back of the motor vehicle dept.. All the guns were confiscated for whatever reason from hunting violations to robbery and everything in between. There were a lot of gun and a lot of bargains. That,s where I got mine. Then they decided there were to many crimes involving guns so the stopped the auctions and started melting the guns into manhole covers.
Over the years i have written quite a few letters stating, stopping the auctions did not help the crime situation but did hurt the income for the state. I never got any answers.
By Y3V
Sebring_Pop wrote:Yes they are expensive BUT years ago the state used to auction firearms, pistols and long guns in the building in back of the motor vehicle dept.. All the guns were confiscated for whatever reason from hunting violations to robbery and everything in between. There were a lot of gun and a lot of bargains. That,s where I got mine. Then they decided there were to many crimes involving guns so the stopped the auctions and started melting the guns into manhole covers.
Over the years i have written quite a few letters stating, stopping the auctions did not help the crime situation but did hurt the income for the state. I never got any answers.
Dang :(

You have 3 you said? :wink:
By 67malibu
I picked up a M&P .22 and the more I use it , the better i like this pistol.

prices new and used are not bad either I dont think you could go wrong with this set up or the ruger SR22
By GixerJockey
Yea... LOL. He isn't going to buy a 41. I laughed when I saw someone suggest a 41 to the cheapest man I've ever met.

Yev... come see me for a Yev-priced MKII. You'll love it. Best $300 you'll ever spend.
By Mike_Diako
My favorite .22 for range use is my H&R 922 revolver. It shoots anything and is accurate. A second favorite is my P22.
By Y3V
GixerJockey wrote:Yea... LOL. He isn't going to buy a 41. I laughed when I saw someone suggest a 41 to the cheapest man I've ever met.

Yev... come see me for a Yev-priced MKII. You'll love it. Best $300 you'll ever spend.
I will need to sell the P22 in order to purchase the MKII.. But my interests are perked and I haven't seen your fine ass in awhile. 8)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!