News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

What is the best .22LR pistol for the Range in your opinion?

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Y3V
Sharpshooter I
Sharpshooter I

What is the best .22LR pistol for the Range in your opinion?

Postby Y3V » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:40 am

Let's hear what you think.
First hand experience is greatly appreciated!

JohnFH
Admin
Admin

Postby JohnFH » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:58 am

Ruger MK something, been around for ever, all the aftermarket parts you could ever ask for, super reliable on almost any ammo.
Details Count<br>Appleseed it's all about YOU, ask me<br>

PaiN
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby PaiN » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:21 pm

I agree with John but l've never liked the feel of any Ruger Mk I, II or III and they are a pain in the ass to maintain.
Ruger's little SR22p on the other hand is the bomb :D
The Destroyer has arrived

"Even well-ordered republics are destined to decay into democracy and then into despotism." -Plato

Y3V
Sharpshooter I
Sharpshooter I

Postby Y3V » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:27 pm

I have a P22 at the moment. I just need to use better technique.
I know it's not the pistol as much as its my poor execution.

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby myglimk2 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:31 pm

PaiN wrote:I agree with John but l've never liked the feel of any Ruger Mk I, II or III and they are a pain in the ass to maintain.
Ruger's little SR22p on the other hand is the bomb :D

Agreed! 8)
"I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it."
-David Icke

raze
Marksman II
Marksman II

Postby raze » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:02 pm

Browning buckmark or colt woodsman.

Hddreamer
Admin
Admin

Postby Hddreamer » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:09 pm

You can't beat the ruger MK they are awesome !

Sebring_Pop
Marksman V
Marksman V

Postby Sebring_Pop » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:50 am

Hands down Smith 41. I have 3 and have been shooting bullseye with them for about 40 years. All were bought used so round count unknown. I use one for indoor and have about 80,000 rounds through it with one repair, broken firing pin. Second one is used for outdoor and has about the same round count with no repairs and the third is a spare also used as a plinker with about 20,000 rounds thru it with no issues.
Thanks Pop

The worst thing you could do with your money is save it.

IN GOD WE TRUST

Y3V
Sharpshooter I
Sharpshooter I

Postby Y3V » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:56 am

Sebring_Pop wrote:Hands down Smith 41. I have 3 and have been shooting bullseye with them for about 40 years. All were bought used so round count unknown. I use one for indoor and have about 80,000 rounds through it with one repair, broken firing pin. Second one is used for outdoor and has about the same round count with no repairs and the third is a spare also used as a plinker with about 20,000 rounds thru it with no issues.

Jesus, those are expensive. 8O

Sebring_Pop
Marksman V
Marksman V

Postby Sebring_Pop » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:37 pm

Yes they are expensive BUT years ago the state used to auction firearms, pistols and long guns in the building in back of the motor vehicle dept.. All the guns were confiscated for whatever reason from hunting violations to robbery and everything in between. There were a lot of gun and a lot of bargains. That,s where I got mine. Then they decided there were to many crimes involving guns so the stopped the auctions and started melting the guns into manhole covers.
Over the years i have written quite a few letters stating, stopping the auctions did not help the crime situation but did hurt the income for the state. I never got any answers.
Thanks Pop

The worst thing you could do with your money is save it.

IN GOD WE TRUST

Y3V
Sharpshooter I
Sharpshooter I

Postby Y3V » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:50 pm

Sebring_Pop wrote:Yes they are expensive BUT years ago the state used to auction firearms, pistols and long guns in the building in back of the motor vehicle dept.. All the guns were confiscated for whatever reason from hunting violations to robbery and everything in between. There were a lot of gun and a lot of bargains. That,s where I got mine. Then they decided there were to many crimes involving guns so the stopped the auctions and started melting the guns into manhole covers.
Over the years i have written quite a few letters stating, stopping the auctions did not help the crime situation but did hurt the income for the state. I never got any answers.

Dang :(

You have 3 you said? :wink:

67malibu
Expert I
Expert I

Postby 67malibu » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:36 pm

I picked up a M&P .22 and the more I use it , the better i like this pistol.

prices new and used are not bad either I dont think you could go wrong with this set up or the ruger SR22

GixerJockey
Expert II
Expert II

Postby GixerJockey » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Yea... LOL. He isn't going to buy a 41. I laughed when I saw someone suggest a 41 to the cheapest man I've ever met.

Yev... come see me for a Yev-priced MKII. You'll love it. Best $300 you'll ever spend.

Mike_Diako
Expert IV
Expert IV

Postby Mike_Diako » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:33 pm

My favorite .22 for range use is my H&R 922 revolver. It shoots anything and is accurate. A second favorite is my P22.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Y3V
Sharpshooter I
Sharpshooter I

Postby Y3V » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:47 am

GixerJockey wrote:Yea... LOL. He isn't going to buy a 41. I laughed when I saw someone suggest a 41 to the cheapest man I've ever met.

Yev... come see me for a Yev-priced MKII. You'll love it. Best $300 you'll ever spend.

I will need to sell the P22 in order to purchase the MKII.. But my interests are perked and I haven't seen your fine ass in awhile. 8)

Return to “Pistol”