Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By SR9
A friend of mine has a Dan Wesson Bob Tail Commander that is not ejecting spent cases reliably. I have not seen the gun and I am not very familiar with the 1911 platform.

Anyone have one of these or have some suggestion on what the problem might be? I know this is not much to go on but any help would be appreciated.
By GreggAndrews
Is it not pulling them out of the chamber, or are they getting hung up in the ejection port?
By newguy
Could be the brand of ammo too. I try a different brand. My father's 1911 doesn't like American Eagle 45
By GixerJockey
Its a POS... give it to me and tell him to get a new one.
By Highway-Magician
SR9 wrote:A friend of mine has a Dan Wesson Bob Tail Commander that is not ejecting spent cases reliably. I have not seen the gun and I am not very familiar with the 1911 platform.

Anyone have one of these or have some suggestion on what the problem might be? I know this is not much to go on but any help would be appreciated.

Check the extractor tension.

Google "1911 extractor tension"
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!