Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By jamesb
Anybody have Glock 10rd mags I can borrow in 9mm for a Glock 34? Four or five would be perfect. I'm shooting a match in Mass, Dec. 1st and can't spend the $47/each for 10rd mags for my CZ.

If you want something in return let me know.
By JohnFH
You don't need low caps, just a match announcment.
By jamesb
Nope, you cannot bring any "high cap" mags into Mass no matter what. I've researched it. :)

If you do and get caught it's a felony.
By randolf
james I go there all the time to compete , its OK to bring your high cap mag, How do you think people can shoot limitted or open division if they cant bring high cap ..... just lock it like you will do on your gun. seperate the ammo and keep a brochure or proof of match your attending just in case you need it...
By jamesb
randolf wrote:james I go there all the time to compete , its OK to bring your high cap mag, How do you think people can shoot limitted or open division if they cant bring high cap ..... just lock it like you will do on your gun. seperate the ammo and keep a brochure or proof of match your attending just in case you need it...
While many people do it, it is STILL not legal and a felony. This has been discussed on many other boards. You can bring your pistol provided you have a permit and are going to a competition, but any mags over 10rds made after the 1994 date are illegal.
By randolf
they held sanctioned uspsa match there all yr long, they wont include high capacity type division if it is not legal.... theres alot of ct based shooter who travel in those match all we do is lock the gun seperate a lock ammo and printed match anouncement..... and with glock magazine there are no manufacturing date indication there? well all of my magazine are beat up and it look like something that was used by my grand parents lol ... maybe I should inscribe to my Mag Mfr : 11/11/1990 Exp:11/11/2000
dont worry too much about the magazine as long as you dont look like a convict you should be able to avoid getting in trouble...
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!