Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Ngneer2111
The wife and I made our second trip to Hoffann's yesterday.
We went there looking to try the Ruger LCP and LC9. We shot both. She did not like the LCP at all, said it hurt her hand. She said the LC9 was a little kicky, but she was OK with it. I liked both. As it happens, the LC9 followed me home. :lol:

The wife was dissappointed, she wants a gun to call her own. She also shot a Ruger SP101 in .38 SP. She was having trouble with the recoil on the larger revolvers, after firing it was causing red marks on her finger.
(Feel free to comment, we have no idea why it's hurting her finger.) :oops:

We're going to try to focus on in a .22LR. I think she's trying to find something fun for at the range. She tried the Ruger 22/45 Lite and did quit well. She also liked the Ruger LCR in .22LR, but they had none to shoot. Maybe three times the charm for her. :?

We were very satisfied by our second trip to Hoffman's. The salesman were helpful and eager to give us their input on our choices.
By phoffer961
Ngneer2111 wrote:The wife and I made our second trip to Hoffann's yesterday.
We went there looking to try the Ruger LCP and LC9. We shot both. She did not like the LCP at all, said it hurt her hand. She said the LC9 was a little kicky, but she was OK with it. I liked both. As it happens, the LC9 followed me home. :lol:

The wife was dissappointed, she wants a gun to call her own. She also shot a Ruger SP101 in .38 SP. She was having trouble with the recoil on the larger revolvers, after firing it was causing red marks on her finger.

We're going to try to focus on in a .22LR. I think she's trying to find something fun for at the range. She tried the Ruger 22/45 Lite and did quit well. She also liked the Ruger LCR in .22LR, but they had none to shoot. Maybe three times the charm for her. :?

We were very satisfied by our second trip to Hoffman's. The salesman were helpful and eager to give us their input on our choices.
What do you think about the trigger pull on the LC9? I have the LC9 and I really like it however it is taking me a long time to get used to the long trigger pull!
By CTSixshot
On the other board, there was a similar episode with a wife wanted something easier to handle.
How about that Ruger SP101 chambered in the 327 Federal? Seems like you could easily shoot the mild 32 S&W Longs and 32 H&R Magnums and still have a reasonable performer in the 327F.
By SR9
phoffer961 wrote:

What do you think about the trigger pull on the LC9? I have the LC9 and I really like it however it is taking me a long time to get used to the long trigger pull!
I have an LC9 too and I like it but the trigger is a bit long. I find I have to practice with it often to stay good with it. The size is what really works for me so the trigger is a trade off.

If it had an SR9 style trigger with the trigger safety that would make it very good.
By skyshark78
my wife did not like the LCP either so she went with a Smith 442 great gun. I ended up getting the LCP anyways huge mistake, prob on its second trip back to factory.
By punisher
LCR in 22 sounds promising. Holding 8 rounds of cci 22 seems decent.
By Ngneer2111
I really didn't notice the long trigger pull. With all the excitement of new gun shopping and all. I'll have to take note when I bring it to the range. My SR22 has kind of a long pull as well, so maybe I've become used to it.
phoffer961 wrote:

By Ngneer2111
That sound like a decent option, I didn't know the SP101 came in 327F.
CTSixshot wrote:On the other board, there was a similar episode with a wife wanted something easier to handle.
How about that Ruger SP101 chambered in the 327 Federal? Seems like you could easily shoot the mild 32 S&W Longs and 32 H&R Magnums and still have a reasonable performer in the 327F.
By Ngneer2111
That's why we want to give the LCR 22 a try. We've got to find a range that has one to rent.

punisher wrote:LCR in 22 sounds promising. Holding 8 rounds of cci 22 seems decent.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!