Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Ngneer2111
My father has a buddy selling three of the best .22LR target handguns ever built. There's a Colt Woodsman 2nd series for $215, a High Standard Victor for $350, and a S&W Model 41 for $450. I don't know much about the age these guns.

After doing a bit of internet research each of these guns could be worth at least twice what their selling for depending upon age and condition. Dad has offered to buy one for me.

Anybody want to offer advice on which one to choose????

:roll:
By GreggAndrews
Buy all three. You won't regret it.

(I dunno... I like the Woodsman for some reason. Just a neat little pencil barreled .22)
By JohnFH
A 41 for $450 is a steal
By Ngneer2111
GreggAndrews wrote:Buy all three. You won't regret it.

(I dunno... I like the Woodsman for some reason. Just a neat little pencil barreled .22)

I agree, but my bank account says otherwise. Plus I'm trying to save some cash for a nice EDC gun.
By Ngneer2111
JohnFH wrote:A 41 for $450 is a steal

I hear it calling my name... But if the Victor is a Hamden made gun, it could be a deal breaker. I grew up in the New Haven area and a locally built gun could be just the thing to add to my safe.
By GixerJockey
If the Victor is a Hamden gun, could you PLEASE turn me on to it? Pretty PLEASE?!?

(If it's an East Hartford, or Texas made gun, then the price is about what a gun store would pay for it.)

I would also be interested in the 41 if you decide to take the HS.
By Hdoc
Ngneer2111 wrote:
GreggAndrews wrote:Buy all three. You won't regret it.

I agree, but my bank account says otherwise. Plus I'm trying to save some cash for a nice EDC gun.
Don't go cheap on a target gun. The S&W 41 is the finest production run
.22 target gun made. What length barrel? The 7 1/2 inch can't be beat.
By XM15
I hadn't heard of the 41 until a month ago when I went shooting with some friends. One of the guys had a 41 from '66 that his dad had inheirited. That was without a doubt the best .22 handgun I have ever fired. :)
By Sebring_Pop
I have 3 41,s and that would be the wise gun to buy. The price is great and a half hour drive to Smith for all the repairs you will ever need.
I use them for bullseye shooting and do quite well.
By Ngneer2111
It must be Christmas early, he bought me all three. Included also with the deal was a S&W model 60 .38 special.

I'm going to hang on to all of the gems and eventually pass them on to my son.

I can't wait to get to the range to try out these beauties!!!!
By Hddreamer
Ngneer2111, if you decide to sell the high standard I would like to be on the top o the list and get first dibs on it ,,,,please !
By Ngneer2111
Hddreamer wrote:Ngneer2111, if you decide to sell the high standard I would like to be on the top o the list and get first dibs on it ,,,,please !

You'll be the first to know if I decide to sell.
By Drew
Ngneer2111 wrote:It must be Christmas early, he bought me all three. Included also with the deal was a S&W model 60 .38 special.

I'm going to hang on to all of the gems and eventually pass them on to my son.

I can't wait to get to the range to try out these beauties!!!!
Very smart move imho
By Hddreamer
Thanks ngneer2111 !
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!