Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By GixerJockey
I really, really, really find myself wanting a Model 41 lately...
By Ngneer2111
Just an update.

I really like the S&W Model 41. I just bought an additional magazine to increase the fun.

My 11 y/o son has called dibs on the Colt Woodsman (I've also got additional mags on the way for the Colt too.)

My wife has really fallen in love with the Victor, so much so, that I had to get her a Ruger 22/45 Lite, in order to get her to give it back to me.

So, here's my latest quandry. I'm thinking about a red dot sight for either the Mod 41 or the Victor for plate shoots at the club.

Will I be harming the value either gun by adding a red dot? It looks like the Victor has a removeable "bar" where the sights are located, so I can probably find an after market Weaver rail to fit it. However the S&W is solid barrel. I'd probably have to have the barrel drilled & tapped to accomidate a rail.

Should I try to modify them for the red dot, or stick with the iron sights only?

As always, your input is greatly appreciated.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!