Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By myglimk2
Need some help on trying to identify which pistol this holster was designed for.

By JohnFH
First guess would be Beretta 92/M9 type based on the trigger guard
By myglimk2
Going by the trigger it would appear to be for the M9/92 except there is no "flat" on the kydex for the slide. Like the one here. :?
By myglimk2
Decided I would play around a little bit with the oven and some moulding. :lol:
It's now for a Glock 19,23,26,27,17,22 etc. 8)
By myglimk2
Look for it in a classifieds near you! :whistle:
By AGust82
I'd be interested in a tutorial on how you did that. I've got a few crossbreeds with no gun anymore I'd love to reassign.
By myglimk2
AGust82 wrote:I'd be interested in a tutorial on how you did that. I've got a few crossbreeds with no gun anymore I'd love to reassign.
All I did was remove the clips and rubber bushings that were between them so they didn't melt. Pre heated the oven to 350*. I then taped a dowl rod between the front and rear sight for a sight channel for ease of holstering and un-holstering.
I don't have a "kydex press(?)" to actually sit it in and mould it, so I had put a small hand towel aside (so I didn't burn my hands) to help mould the kydex to the gun.
Once I was ready I put the kydex (while leaving it attached to the leather) in the oven on a baking sheet for about 3-8 minutes. You know it's ready when it starts "bowing", it won't sit flat. You gotta be quick on this next step.

Removed from oven and put the gun in the holster where I wanted it to sit in the kydex (cleared and empty, of course! :wink: ) and quickly began to mould it to the gun using the towel as a barrier between my skin and the hot kydex. Continued to apply pressure around different areas to keep it's shape around the gun. You have to be quick during this step cause it does cool rapidly!
Don't get frustrated if it doesn't take on the first try. It took me three trys to get it right!

I hope this helps you Agust, along with others as well! 8)
By AGust82
Thanks. That's pretty close to how I was thinking it might go. Makes me a little more confident in giving it a try.
By myglimk2
AGust82 wrote:Thanks. That's pretty close to how I was thinking it might go. Makes me a little more confident in giving it a try.
It's really not hard at all, just gotta be quick when taking it out of the oven. You'll be pleased with the results. 8)
By MessEleven
Could you control it better with a heat gun?
By myglimk2
MessEleven wrote:Could you control it better with a heat gun?
You might be able to. I just didn't have one on hand and I didn't think my wifes hair dryer would have been sufficient enough. :lol:
By JohnFH
I use a heat gun to shape kydex, it works well.
By Hdoc
JohnFH wrote:I use a heat gun to shape kydex, it works well.
Do you do it with the gun in the holster? or do you unscrew it and lay it over the gun to shape?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!