Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
I recently ran across this video clip on Facebook.  I thought I'd share it here: 

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/0 ... 911s-suck/]http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/0 ... 911s-suck/

I've trained with Rob in the recent past, and will do so again in the near future, and I've found that he's an extremely knowledgeable, intelligent, articulate, and talented instructor who has based his training concepts in solid research, personal experience, and common sense.  (If you're not familiar with his name, just Google him or search YouTube for his videos)  In my opinion, he's one of the very best firearms instructors in the industry. 

So, any comments? 
By MessEleven
Mildly interesting conclusion, but no analysis. It's a bad gun? Why?
By myglimk2
Never had an issue with my Kimber or my Springfield Armory compact 1911's.
Maybe they should have cleaned and lubricated it. :shrug:
By JohnFH
I'll look at the source of the information, someone else did the research, very helpful
"But you invited me to google him. So.... I did. "Rob Pincus Bio". What I got back was stuff from his ICE training company that touts his extensive military, private security and Law enforcement experience. Really. But no one says "where." A bit more searching reveals that he spent all of two years as a patrol officer in "Winchester". No State. Winchester VA? NH? KY? All small towns. Went to college in Norwich. Which Norwich? New Hampshire? We just don't know. Private Security? Worked at a resort as Director of Security for Elk Mountain Resort. Where? Small resort in PA? Or the big boy in Breckenbridge CO? Military experience: 2Lt, Army Reserve. No length of time noted. Was he a long term reservist with Special Forces background? Or a paymaster clerk, or a ROTC Cadet doing his obligatory service. We don't know"
http://www.ctguntalk.com/smf/semi-auto- ... 71356/#new.

Someone with no real documented history, who is now a self appointed expert with a following.
I trust my Colt Officer completely, in my hands it has PROVEN itself 100% reliable.

Spend more time at the range and less time in front of the computer, the results are amazing
By PaiN
JohnFH wrote:I'll look at the source of the information, someone else did the research, very helpful
"But you invited me to google him. So.... I did. "Rob Pincus Bio". What I got back was stuff from his ICE training company that touts his extensive military, private security and Law enforcement experience. Really. But no one says "where." A bit more searching reveals that he spent all of two years as a patrol officer in "Winchester". No State. Winchester VA? NH? KY? All small towns. Went to college in Norwich. Which Norwich? New Hampshire? We just don't know. Private Security? Worked at a resort as Director of Security for Elk Mountain Resort. Where? Small resort in PA? Or the big boy in Breckenbridge CO? Military experience: 2Lt, Army Reserve. No length of time noted. Was he a long term reservist with Special Forces background? Or a paymaster clerk, or a ROTC Cadet doing his obligatory service. We don't know"

Someone with no real documented history, who is now a self appointed expert with a following.
I trust my Colt Officer completely, in my hands it has PROVEN itself 100% reliable.

Spend more time at the range and less time in front of the computer, the results are amazing
..John, I don't call you the Sage for nothing ;)
By nvisn
PaiN wrote:
JohnFH wrote:I'll look at the source of the information, someone else did the research, very helpful

..John, I don't call you the Sage for nothing ;)
Others refer to him as the Oracle.
By Rbadbadger
I refer to him as God.
By hayes1966
Who was it that called him the 'old hippie' ?
By GreggAndrews
Who was it that called him the 'old hippie'
Well, the hair throws you off at first.

Then you talk to him and you all of a sudden realize "Oh crap, this guy's awesome." :wink:
By myglimk2
GreggAndrews wrote:

Then you talk to him and you all of a sudden realize "Oh crap, this guy's awesome." :wink:
Someones got a brown nose. :roll: :lol:
By nvisn
GreggAndrews wrote:

Wait till you talk to me. Your reaction will be "Oh crap this must be an escaped lunatic"
By GreggAndrews
Someones got a brown nose.
Hey, he's a cool dude! Calling it like I see it!

You on the other hand... :roll:

James... if that's what you think, then I think we'll probably get along. :lol:
By jerryd
Havent had a problem with my wifes ultra in the last 5 yrs. :cheer:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]