Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By GixerJockey
I'm in the market for another handgun. Summer is coming and its kinda hard for me to cover a CZ P-07 with a t-shirt. I have an LCP for when I'm out and about, but I want more gun than that for when I'm at the store.

I'm looking for something mid-sized. By mid-sized, I mean under 1 inch thick, single stack. Something similar in size to a Shield of Kahr P9. Pretty sure I want it in 9mm (unless someone has an insane deal on a 40) It will be carried OWB. I'm wondering if there's anything that I've over looked.

On the short list are:

Kahr P9 / CW9
S&W Shield
Sig 225

Here's a list of what I'm sure I DON'T want:

Walther PPS
Baretta Nano
Anything from Glock
Bersa
Sig 290
Sig 239
LC-9

Price is a bit of a consideration. I want to stay well under the $500 mark. Whatcha' got for ideas?
By Mike_Diako
I have the CW9 if you want to shoot it. Love mine.
By GixerJockey
Mike_Diako wrote:I have the CW9 if you want to shoot it. Love mine.
Thanks Mike, I've shot it. Right now, the CW and 225 are neck in neck. Problem is, there isn't a used one of either around anywhere. I hate paying full steam for new guns. Especially stuff like this that rarely sees high round counts.
By PaiN
Mike_Diako wrote:I have the CW9 if you want to shoot it. Love mine.
I like the Kahr P's and CW's also, the shoot great.....but for whatever reason, I find their grips always print badly(same with the Bersa BP9cc{another excellent small pistol}). Maybe its appendix carry and my shape but I try to stick with the short grip types so I don't have the printing problem.

Have you considered the LCR?
By Hddreamer
Sounds to me you described a shield they are single stacked and under 1" wide and you can walk out the door for under $ 500.00
By PaiN
Hddreamer wrote:Sounds to me you described a shield they are single stacked and under 1" wide and you can walk out the door for under $ 500.00
Really, I've been looking at carry options, the Shield definitely seems to have the right balance of size, firepower, weight, trigger and price.....One big thing that it is missing is.....availability :?
Hoffman's has a few in .40 but none in 9mm. When I get a chance, I'm going to head over and get paws one.
By Hddreamer
You can try JoJo's also they have had at least 7 that I know of seems like they can get them pretty easy
By PaiN
Hddreamer wrote:You can try JoJo's also they have had at least 7 that I know of seems like they can get them pretty easy
Really!.....On my way --------------------------------->
By sludwinjr
kahr pm9....hoffmans just had a used pm9 for under 500...in great shape....
By hooligan
In your line of work you should find an early chopped Detonics, they have an alphabet soup Mk I, II ,IV V I don't know all the ligo or differences but they are a a quality piece or find a Pit Bull, then carry a couple of spare (7) rounders and you are good to go.
By GixerJockey
sludwinjr wrote:kahr pm9....hoffmans just had a used pm9 for under 500...in great shape....
I know... Waaayyyy under $500...

I saw it on Friday...

And bought it today. 8)

I stuck it in a Desantis Speed Scabbard and it's good to go.
By PaiN
Instead of running over I called Jo-Jo's and they were out of the Shields but are excepting more shortly and they will take a deposit ;)
I was told S&W is holding production at the moment in order to correct the same problem Hddreamer had with the guild rod......
By GixerJockey
Im thrilled with the P9. I made the right choice.

I've heard of 4 Shields that are already making the trip back to Smith. Im sure that they'll work it out. Im just glad that I didn't have to be one of the guinea pigs.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!