Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By newguy
I know one of you folks had one of these and i heard there extremely picky on ammo. Just wanna know what best ammo for this and what i should stay away from. I got one today pretty cheap way too cheap to pass up.
By Mike_Diako
I have never owned a Mosquito however, I would suggest CCI Mini-Mag ammo for it. You might want to try the Federal Target ammo they sell at Walmart as well.
By GixerJockey
Sig will tell you not to feed it anything but CCI Mini-Mag...
By newguy
Stingers any good for it if i wanna run some hollow points thru it
By JohnFH
GixerJockey wrote:Sig will tell you not to feed it anything but CCI Mini-Mag...
SIG told me the same thing
By newguy
I picked up 150 rounds of stingers because 3 places i stopped had no mini mags i will have to drag myself up to Cabelas this weekend and grab some there. I checked two Walmarts and Hoffmans and no mini mags
By Mike_Diako
The Stingers are higher velocity than the Mini-Mags if I remember correctly. They make the Mini-Mag in HP as well. I have a few boxes of them.
By Mike_Diako
I know Riverview in East Windsor had a ton of them last time I was there. That was about a week ago.
By Grouse
bvac or armscor 36 grain hp will do very well
By newguy
Thanks for help folks nothing worse then spending half your time at the range clearing jams
By Grouse
also if your sig came with the plastic mags, you will have more problems spend the money and buy the metal mags.
By newguy
Have two metal mags and it a B model so I guess they fixed some of the feeding issues in B model from what I read online
By PaiN
The Mosquito I had actually ran pretty good. It was 100% on the CCI HV ammo(Mini-Mag & Blazer) and did okay on the federal bulk.....There's was one bulk ammo it did not like, but I forget which brand exactly.
By newguy
Well i am going to head out Sunday to go shooting so we will see what happens. Kinda interested to see how this thing shoots.
By Mopar
it should run 100% with mini mags as long as you have the proper recoil spring installed. They come with 2, the other spring is for stuff like the stingers. If you want to save a little money, they seem to run fairly well on the Federal Auto Match, and believe it or not the crappy Thunderbolts.
Lubrication is VERY important on these. Sig recommends Mil-Comm TW-25B which is pricy but a little tube lasts a long time. Also the newer models have a small hole in the right side of the slide. Put a drop of oil in that hole before you start, and then every 100 rounds or so while shooting. Treat it right and it's an enjoyable and accurate gun. I ALMOST got another one cheap. Guy at my club overheard me talking about one to someone and mentioned he had one and they were junk. Offered him $100 for it, and he said sure, he woulda taken $50 just to get rid of it. I then made the mistake of continuing my discussion on them, including what's been said here. Guess he heard it and gave it a try, because after that he "kept forgetting" to bring it until I finally got the hint that he wasnt going to sell it anymore.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!