Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By punisher
as the tittle says the finger grooves on my G19 don't line up with my fingers.
Should I have the trigger guard undercut?
I grip it as high as possible but my buger hooks sit a little lower than the grooves. My fingers actually end up on top of the grooves.
Recommendations?
Not looking to destroy the grip area b grinding the humps off.

Maybe a Gen 2 G19? I don't care for the rail.
By PaiN
The 19 always had strange fit for me and the trigger guard would really hammer on my middle finger during firing. The 17 is a much better fit as well as the 26.
As for your 19, you could have the guard under cut or the grooves removed...or get a a Lone Wolf frame if you want to spend bigger money
By myglimk2
Or just get a G17 :wink:
By punisher
Also because of this my pinky rides between the mag bottom and grip bottom. Giving me the famous Glock pinky pinch.
Should I have the under cut done professionally. I do not want to ruin the frame.
By myglimk2
I did a quick search on google and it doesnt look to be that hard to do it. Well, it's within my ability to succesfully do it. :wink: :P
By JohnFH
I have an early 19 without the rail, never tried the 19 with finger grooves, all of the other Glocks I have, have to finger grooves and I have no issue with them.

We should try them side by side, maybe finger groves won't bother me on a G19
By punisher
Will this undercutting decrease its value?
By myglimk2
punisher wrote:Will this undercutting decrease its value?
It may or may not. I would take John up on his offer first before permanently modding the frame.
By JohnFH
I won't buy a Glock that has been modified, under cut or attacked with a soldering iron, so yes for me it has a big effect on value.
By magneton44
Will a HOGUE or Pachmyer Slip-on improve the fit??
By punisher
My main thing is he pinky pinch while firing it. So I'm just gonna try an o-ring around the bottom of the mag. See if that works.
By 3319
Just trade it in on a Walther PPQ. It's more better than a Glock.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!