Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By PaiN
Bcarp22 wrote:I'm in Wethersfield. I think the guy said they were opening at 7:00 today so they are probably already going strong. I've actually never been there before. Is it a good shop?
Its a big store :) ....Some people have had issues dealing with RVS. Personally, they've been okay to deal with. I hear these "sales events" that they hold are a zoo.... so be prepared.
By Bcarp22
PaiN wrote:
Bcarp22 wrote:I'm in Wethersfield. I think the guy said they were opening at 7:00 today so they are probably already going strong. I've actually never been there before. Is it a good shop?
Its a big store :) ....Some people have had issues dealing with RVS. Personally, they've been okay to deal with. I hear these "sales events" that they hold are a zoo.... so be prepared.
Oh man....well thank you for the heads up. Maybe I'll give a call before I head up. I can't remember a pistol that I've gone to so much trouble for ever!!!
By Mike_Diako
What time does the sale run until? I'm stuck at work until 5 today. :(
By PaiN
Bcarp22 wrote:
PaiN wrote:
Oh man....well thank you for the heads up. Maybe I'll give a call before I head up. I can't remember a pistol that I've gone to so much trouble for ever!!!
I'm not getting my undies in a wad over anything :? .....I ordered the Shield from a close shop, have the cash ready, when it comes in it comes in. I am not running, calling, wasting my gas and time hunting one down. They'll popping up everywhere sooner or later
By Bcarp22
Fair point. I'm sure I'm going overboard in trying to find this thing. Like i said i've never gone to this much trouble before for anything. I agree that the stores will be flooded with them eventually. I'm already on a waiting list so I should just wait it out
By Bcarp22
Mike_Diako wrote:What time does the sale run until? I'm stuck at work until 5 today. :(
They are open until 6:00 according to the flyer the put up on the website. Maybe enough time for you to get there?!?!
By Mike_Diako
I only work about 5 minutes away. I'll check it out when I get out of work. Maybe I can duck out a little early.
By punisher
I agree
Just like everything they WILL be everywhere sooner or later just like everything else.
I want one NOW. :P
By punisher
Ivealredy bought two handguns this month so ill have to wait until next month.
I try to budget for at least one every month if possible.
Plus ill be taking the 38 special off Buds poor away i mean lay away next week so my wife put me on time out.
So im on her shit list. Gonna have to do something very special for mothers day.
Maybe ill take her to the firing range :P For mothers day
By Bcarp22
punisher wrote:Ivealredy bought two handguns this month so ill have to wait until next month.
Plus ill be taking the 38 special off Buds poor away i mean lay away next week so my wife put me on time out.
So im on her shit list. Gonna have to do something very special for mothers day.
Truth be told I was really trying to get this one before my wedding next Friday. After that the bank accounts will be joint (I'll still keep some money separate on the side) and my purchases won't fly under the radar so easily!! Love your mothers day idea.....smart man!!!
By PaiN
Bcarp22 wrote:
punisher wrote:Ivealredy bought two handguns this month so ill have to wait until next month.
Truth be told I was really trying to get this one before my wedding next Friday. After that the bank accounts will be joint (I'll still keep some money separate on the side) and my purchases won't fly under the radar so easily!! Love your mothers day idea.....smart man!!!
The key to marital bliss is separate bank accounts......I nixed the telling me what too do with and how to spend my money business years ago. I've been working all my adult life, I'm 45, I did and still do my time......we have food and the bills are paid, I'll be damned if I let myself get hen-pecked over money for "my" enjoyment of life. Besides, once that stuff starts it just makes you resentful and angry inside....which leads to other issues in a marriage.
Congarts and be happy :D
By Bcarp22
PaiN wrote:
Bcarp22 wrote:
The key to marital bliss is separate bank accounts......I nixed the telling me what too do with and how to spend my money business years ago. I've been working all my adult life, I'm 45, I did and still do my time......we have food and the bills are paid, I'll be damned if I let myself get hen-pecked over money for "my" enjoyment of life. Besides, once that stuff starts it just makes you resentful and angry inside....which leads to other issues in a marriage.
I can't speak from experience yet but the logic is right on. I'm having a hard time with the whole joint account thing for the exact reasons you pointed out. On a separate note, let me know when you get your Shield. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.
By phoffer961
PaiN wrote:
Bcarp22 wrote:
Not to hijack this post however I agree with Pain! If you want a happy marriage, keep your funds separate! Especially if you are going to buy guns! They are not cheap and I know my wife would freak if she ever found out what I have spent! She pays for groceries and the kid's expenses and I pay the mortgage and the utilities. We have been married going on 21 years and we have never had a fight over money! Congrats on your pending marriage, however you really should think about maintaining separate bank accounts!! What she doesn't know won't hurt her (or your marriage)!
By Mike_Diako
My solution is separate accounts AND a joint account. We each deposit a set amount of money in to the acct to cover expenses like the mortgage, utilities, etc. Any of our pay that is left over is for whatever the hell we want. Works great.
By Bcarp22
phoffer961 wrote:
PaiN wrote:
Bcarp22 wrote: Truth be told I was really trying to get this one before my wedding next Friday. After that the bank accounts will be joint (I'll still keep some money separate on the side) and my purchases won't fly under the radar so easily!! Love your mothers day idea.....smart man!!!

Not to hijack this post however I agree with Pain! If you want a happy marriage, keep your funds separate! Especially if you are going to buy guns! They are not cheap and I know my wife would freak if she ever found out what I have spent! She pays for groceries and the kid's expenses and I pay the mortgage and the utilities. We have been married going on 21 years and we have never had a fight over money! Congrats on your pending marriage, however you really should think about maintaining separate bank accounts!! What she doesn't know won't hurt her (or your marriage)!
Yeah I have every intention of keeping a separate account for myself and she will probably do the same. The joint account WAS going to be the main account (direct deposits from work going into the joint) to be used for bills and everything with my separate account for smaller personal things. You guys are giving me something to think about here. She doesn't have any idea what I spend on guns and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm going to have to rethink my strategy now. Thanks guys!!!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!