Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Mike_Diako
I have had that nagging in the back of my head since it came out to get one.

Looked at one at Riverview in East Windsor and didn't have the money. I just can't justify the purchase. It's too similar to my Kahr CW9. Let me know how you like it. I'll most likely buy it when you decide it's not right for you. 8O
By PaiN
Mike_Diako wrote:I'll most likely buy it when you decide it's not right for you. 8O
What makes you guys think I sell every gun I own.....?
Sometimes I just want to trade .... :P
By Mike_Diako
:lol:
By PaiN
I was out and about today, Hoffmans has a 9mm Shield on the range(all sold out of the retail guns) so i gave it a go and.....its better than I expected :)
That, and their range gun hasn't missed a beat in 1000's of rounds since they put it out.
Can't wait to get mine....
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:I was out and about today, Hoffmans has a 9mm Shield on the range(all sold out of the retail guns) so i gave it a go and.....its better than I expected :)
That, and their range gun hasn't missed a beat in 1000's of rounds since they put it out.
Can't wait to get mine....
That much more tempting! 8)
By Bcarp22
Are shops still getting shipments each week and they are just selling immediately (or already spoken for) or is it a back order situation?
By Bcarp22
Has anyone picked one of these up and been carrying it on a daily basis? I've been trying to find one but still no luck. I'm curious how anyone who has one feels about it.
By PaiN
Bcarp22 wrote:Are shops still getting shipments each week and they are just selling immediately (or already spoken for) or is it a back order situation?
Mine should be in anytime, apparently most people are ordering .40's so(I'm told) I am 1st in line for the next 9mm that comes in.
By Bcarp22
PaiN wrote:
Bcarp22 wrote:Are shops still getting shipments each week and they are just selling immediately (or already spoken for) or is it a back order situation?
Mine should be in anytime, apparently most people are ordering .40's so(I'm told) I am 1st in line for the next 9mm that comes in.
I'm with you....looking for the 9mm but can't seem to get my hands on one. I shot one at Hoffman's and it felt great. I was surprised at how much i liked it. I would imagine it will carry really well but would love to hear what you think once you get yours in.
By PaiN
Bcarp22 wrote:
PaiN wrote:
I'm with you....looking for the 9mm but can't seem to get my hands on one. I shot one at Hoffman's and it felt great. I was surprised at how much i liked it. I would imagine it will carry really well but would love to hear what you think once you get yours in.
After I shot the one at Hoff's, the salesman I talked too was pushing hard to get me to order one, he said it shouldn't be a long wait...(I had already put a deposit down elsewhere)
I agree shooting the Shield was great.....its going too be a seriously popular gun.
By Bcarp22
That's pretty funny. We must have dealt with the same person at Hoffman's. They were all over me pushing for an order. I usually get my stuff from NGX and have been on the list there for a couple of weeks so have been trying to just wait it out but it's getting really tough!! Smith did a great job with this one though.....they've got a winner from all appearances.
By punisher
Im seriously thinking bout getting one myself.
Hmmm
By Bcarp22
punisher wrote:Im seriously thinking bout getting one myself.
Hmmm
Rumor has it Riverview has a few in stock for the tent sale today. Might have to take a drive.
By PaiN
Bcarp22 wrote:
punisher wrote:Im seriously thinking bout getting one myself.
Hmmm
Rumor has it Riverview has a few in stock for the tent sale today. Might have to take a drive.
Where are you driving from?
By Bcarp22
I'm in Wethersfield. I think the guy said they were opening at 7:00 today so they are probably already going strong. I've actually never been there before. Is it a good shop?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!