Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By punisher
Omg!!
Wow, you guys are mean!!
The rubberband is actually what high points use for the recoil spring , oops I mean recoil band!!
By GreggAndrews
Wow, you guys are mean!!
Kidding aside, I like Hi-points.

The slides & frames are a good source of zinc. :wink:
By Mike_Diako
Aww man. Getting your balls busted big time. I would have bought that thing in a heartbeat if it was 9mm. Talk all the shit you want but leave that thing in a snowbank all winter and I guarantee you it will fire. Hi-points are built too sloppy to jam.

I bought a carbine 3 years ago and still haven't cleaned the damn thing. Shoot it until it breaks. Bang it on the ground to get the carbon build up out then put another few thousand rounds through it.

When it finally does die and/or fall apart, which it inevitably will use it as a door stop.

:D
By GreggAndrews
Okay okay okay, in all seriousness they're ugly as sin, but they DO work.

I had a 995TS that really was a good little gun. Never let me down, and was minute of gnat's ass accurate. :)
By phoffer961
I love my Hi-Points!

I have the .45, .40, 9mm, and the .380. They go boom when I pull the trigger, they take all ammo esp the steel stuff and they are a low cost entry point.

I figure if I run out of bullets, I can tie them to the bad guy and throw him into Long Island Sound! Never to be seen again!! :o
By nvisn
My first handgun was a Hi Point C9 and I put well over 5,000 rounds through it. Its only failure was a stovepipe on the 2nd magazine. Never more maintenance done besides a silicon cloth down the slide and a rare pass of a bore snake through the barrel.
By Mike_Diako
What are those things on the triggers? :lol:

That's a whole lot of Hi-points.
By phoffer961
Mike_Diako wrote:What are those things on the triggers? :lol:

That's a whole lot of Hi-points.
I have kids in the house! Just another way to keep them safe.
By punisher
I've never read anything bad about HiPoints myself, just happy owners. So they must be doing something right.
By newguy
Fired the Brick today no issues got 5 dead center shots no stove pipes or FTF so over all I am happy
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!