Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By BigJonBoy
I've owned this g22 gen4 since January 2010. Never experienced a problem. A friend told me about the gen4 recall. I called them up and 2 weeks later my new recoil spring assembly had arrived. Went to range and now it ejects empties in all different directions. Now my question is, should I just put the old spring in and forget all about this dilemma. Or, should I try to keep the new recoil spring assembly and try to fix the gun. Anybody here have this problem? I've heard of erratic ejections in gen4 before the recalled spring was swapped, but not after. Mostly just in 9mm not .40
By Mike_Diako
I've read that there were ejector issues on the gen 4's as well. Not sure where I saw it but I would do a Google search on it. Brass off the forehead seemed to be a common problem with the gen 4's.
By GixerJockey
So the worlds most reliable handgun is now unreliable...
By punisher
The OP says it ejects everywhere. That's got nothing to do with reliability.
By BigJonBoy
Still reliable. Just strange when the first shell ejects normally, second shell bounces off my glasses, and third shell flies to the left and so on.
By Hdoc
BigJonBoy wrote:I've owned this g22 gen4 since January 2010. Never experienced a problem.
Not sure why you messed with a gun that wasn't causing you problems..
By randolf
from my experience with glock / once I get to burn about 15T ammo in it I already have to replace the extractor because I can see some of the brass starts to eject eratically and will have some chance of extration failure.. its only a 18dollar fix / some people i know they file the extractor to correct its anchoring tip to save some money . but I rather buy new part instead. I hate bolt action scenario. /// with change of recoil spring once you changed into a lighter spring it can affect your extraction too because the slide will extract faster . thats why its also recommended to replace the recoil spring to be changed once every 4T rds.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!