Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By hooligan
Ok looking at all these 1911 style .22 LR out there, are any of them worth a s**t? I am concidering the following, does anyone here have any experience with these. I see one with the Colt banner, one Sig one Citadel, what else is there? I would love to own a real Ace, I want a shooter. I like to shoot plates and want a reliable feeding accurate gun that would compete with a Ruger mark (of the day). am I dreamin? should I same my coin and buy a Shooter grade Ace?, ok anybody got a shooter they are willing to part with???????
By nvisn
If someone offers you a Chiappa - slap them.
By phoffer961
nvisn wrote:If someone offers you a Chiappa - slap them.
I second Nvisn's statement!

If you are hell bent on the 1911 model for 22Lr, look at the Sig 1911-22 SA. A very nice gun. I don't own it however I have looked at it and it is well made.

Kimber makes .22lr 1911 however you are looking at big $$'s ($850+)! I hope this helps!
By GixerJockey
I like the feel of the "Colt". It's got good good weight and balance. It feels like you're holding a real 1911. I really don't like that it's made by one company, imported by another company (who is actually owned by yet another company), and branded as yet a fourth company. It's confusing and I don't know who's actually standing behind the product.

I like the Citadel brand name. Their stuff generally rocks. I haven't touched one of the Sigs.

I guess I'm not really that much help afterall.
By PaiN
I had an GSG-1911 .22 that was a very reliable. Problem is for me, these full size 1911 clones fall into the came category as the AR/MP5 .22lr clones.....
They are "mag dumpers".
With a hefty weight, light SA trigger and long barrel, these .22's are accurate with no recoil, they quickly become no challenge to shoot. Then what to do...? load up your mags and rip away :)
As a trainer for new shooters these big .22 pistols(and rifles) are excellent choices or if you are into rimfire plate shooting or some other type of racing they make a good choice.
By hooligan
Thanks for all the input and advice, I have done a bunch of side x side comparisons of what I could find out there and I decided the extra $ would be well spent on the Kimber, it's like a modern day Ace(or maybe even a bit better). Nvisn is on the mark with his comment, the Ciappa would make a better jack handle than plate gun, sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. the remainder of the field is basically two brands, I believe, with 3 or four differnt names on them. Hard to keep up. The only US made one in the pack was the Kimber. I researched them on line for problems and as long as you "break them in" correctly they seem to be excellent & accurate shooters, or should I say mag dumpers :) I will post some pix next week as well as an initial review and evaluation, once I get it and get to the range. Thanks again I can alway count on this forum to help with my disposable income.......
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!