Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Hddreamer
Just wanted to throw this out on the boards to see what gun shops give the best deals on trades
Any one that's has good trade stories or even anyone that has bad trading stories post them here I think I'm gonna trade in my desert eagle .50 cal
And I would like to stay away from dealers that don't give fair deals, your opinion is appreciated
Thanks
By PaiN
At nvisnPaiNmyglimk2 Inc.
By Xman888
I found that most deal's trade value is lower than you to sell/trade with others. Check price in gunbroker.com to see recent completed sales.
By magneton44
Face to Face deals are the best, you won't get robbed nor will you get the attitude. Gun shops will at least seek to make $100.00 to $150.00 on your trade in, do the math. Obviously, the "robbed or attitude" comment is not for all dealers, there are decent guys out there, but they have to make a profit or it's not worth it to them. I've had some bad trade in experiences in some shops, but that's on me, I didn't have to do the trade, but I've seen firearms that I traded in, priced at 60-70% mark up. That's business I guess. I know eventually, someone will want what I have for sale. Just my 2cents :roll:
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:At nvisnPaiNmyglimk2 Inc.
lmfao! :lol:
By Mopar
PaiN wrote:At nvisnPaiNmyglimk2 Inc.
+1
By Hddreamer
Thanks magneton44 I understand about not makin a deal if you don't like it just thought there were some dealers that would have a little mercy on me guess I'll look into gun trader like you said and see what's up
By magneton44
HD,
That's just been my experience..you may luck out..you can always say NO to a trade in a gun shop. Don't feel that you have to agree to a price stated. Sometimes you want something sooo bad your willing to take a bath. Trust me, you may have regrets down the road..I have anyway :) Good Luck, whichever way you choose :wink:
By hayes1966
You just haven't been to Mike-Sid's house .. that is like a real gun store!!
By Mike-Sid
I've only bought one gun from the board last year and none this year! My guns are not for sale! I do not buy and sell. I buy and keep :D

Correction, I Traded a shotgun for a pistol last year with JamesB. I do not remember buying a gun from this board yet! I think I should work on that!!!
By mr380acp
CT Gun Exchange gave me a great Colt Officers in trade for a glock and a taurus
By Chantry
I've found Newington Gun Exchange to be fair, additionally they will put it on consignment for you if you'd prefer to try and get more then they can offer.

Something to look at is the prices on the used guns. If there are a lot of bargains (like in a long established store on the Berlin Turnpike), then they aren't going to give you a good trade in amount.

I also suspect that a Desert Eagle in 50 AE is not exactly a hot item on the used market, so don't be surprised if the price you get, no matter where you go, is less then you were hoping for.
By Drew
Mike-Sid wrote:I've only bought one gun from the board last year and none this year! My guns are not for sale! I do not buy and sell. I buy and keep :D
+1 I have sold one gun in 23 years :lol:
By jamesb
Mike-Sid wrote:I've only bought one gun from the board last year and none this year! My guns are not for sale! I do not buy and sell. I buy and keep :D

Correction, I Traded a shotgun for a pistol last year with JamesB. I do not remember buying a gun from this board yet! I think I should work on that!!!
Yeah don't forget about me! :lol:
By Hddreamer
That's what I call good will power mike !
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!