Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Hddreamer
Hey I'm thinking on getting rid of my .50 desert eagle and wanted to get a real good target gun i have a mark III already and very happy with it but I'm still lookin for a dead on gun (pistol) any ideas , suggestions ? Let me know what you think , let me hear you experiences
Thanks
By Hermes
I really like the old Connecticut-made High Standard pistols. Right now for bullseye I'm shooting a 7" Smith and Wesson Model 41, which is also really nice and certainly capable of shooting far better than I am shooting it.
By CTSixshot
There you go, hddreamer!
You can even pay too much money for that one at NGX!
How often does this type of deal come your way?
By JohnB
+1 for the smith 41 ! hermes where do you shoot bullseye ?
By Hddreamer
Ya ct and if I'm really lucky maybe they will have 2 , you know you should always have a spare!
By Hddreamer
Hey John and Hermes are you talkin about the revolver or the semi auto?
By Hermes
Yeah, the semi-auto. I have the 7" barrel version of what John posted. John, I shoot with the Silver City Gun Club in the Metropolitan Revolver League. This is my first year shooting bullseye, so I'm still figuring things out and my scores aren't great.
By Sebring_Pop
I have 3 Smith 41's and 1 Model 52 and they don't get any better than that.
By Hdoc
Hermes wrote:I really like the old Connecticut-made High Standard pistols. Right now for bullseye I'm shooting a 7" Smith and Wesson Model 41, which is also really nice and certainly capable of shooting far better than I am shooting it.
Yup, That's my tack driver. Love it. My first gun and still my favorite target gun. Just bought some new magazines for it.. first maintenance for it in 35 years.
By Hddreamer
Dose anyone know if hoffmans has a s&w 41 that you can rent to see if I like it? Or any range at that matter ?
Also do they make the41 in stainless??
By Mike-Sid
Hdoc wrote:
Hermes wrote:I really like the old Connecticut-made High Standard pistols. Right now for bullseye I'm shooting a 7" Smith and Wesson Model 41, which is also really nice and certainly capable of shooting far better than I am shooting it.
Yup, That's my tack driver. Love it. My first gun and still my favorite target gun. Just bought some new magazines for it.. first maintenance for it in 35 years.
Where did you get the mags from? I need a couple also
By GixerJockey
Hddreamer wrote:Dose anyone know if hoffmans has a s&w 41 that you can rent to see if I like it? Or any range at that matter ?
Also do they make the41 in stainless??
Don't know about renting one... But I han tell you that a 41 never came in stainless. That would be blasphemus...
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!