Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By magneton44
Just picked this up today, private sale. I'm not too familiar with this series of S&W. Should be interesting, the price seemed very reasonable.

By JohnFH
I have been looking at one in .40, it has a nice feel
By punisher
Huh never seen these before
Im gonna do some research.
By JohnFH
It is a Smith branded Walther, really nice feel, not slippery, has a little more weight then your typical polymer frame gun.

Since I can't decide if I'm going to bail on .40 or not, I haven't gotten one.

Mags and holsters are easy to get if you are thinking about one.
By magneton44
I've been having pretty good luck with the S&W series as of late, so I decided to stick with it. If I had the choice, I probably would have opted for the 9mm, but it is what is. I don't mind shooting .40, but it's always about the ammo, etc.
A little about the pistol.....
I find this feature unique: The pistol lacks a manual safety; instead a de-cocking button is placed on the top rear section of the slide, which when actuated, places the firearm into double-action mode

The SW99 rendition of the popular Walther P99 is a joint collaboration between Smith & Wesson and Walther. The modified receiver used in the SW99 is supplied by Walther and is manufactured in Germany. Smith & Wesson manufactures the slide and barrel of the SW99 in the United States. Though there are slight variations in aesthetic design, the function of the SW99 is identical to its German-made counterpart

This version of the pistol has a double/single action; it shares the same "Anti-Stress" trigger action as the P99 AS. (WIKIPEDIA)

Not sure when these were out of production /discontinued. Doing a little bit of research, through the serial number, I believe this pistol was manufactured around 2004?? Guesstimation on my part. Range session on Monday..
By nvisn
I owned one of these (Walther branded QA trigger) they are great guns and are dirt cheap @ CDNN Investments.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!