Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By DRU
Just wondering where's the best place to pick one up? I'm in Fairfield County. I bought my first one at Forest & field (norwalk), but everything seems priced a bit high, or maybe it's cause I'm comparing them to internet prices???

Thanks in advance!
By JohnB
sure...dont forget when you get one from the internet you have to pay an FFL fee and shipping, expect to add an extra $50-$60 on top of any price, have you tried guns and safes unlimited in milford ?
By hayes1966
Take a road trip to Newington Gun Exchange and you could hit Hoffmans on the same trip.

I suggest you drive north or east for an hour before stopping and buying anything unless you want to pay NY prices!
By DRU
That's what I was thinking about when ordering over the internet, plus I just too impatient to wait around for it get here :oops:

actually I stopped in really quickly one day (guns and safes in Milford). I was working so I didn't get to really check anything out, but I guess I should probably make it a point to go back, maybe this weekend.

Thanks John!
By DRU
hayes1966 wrote:Take a road trip to Newington Gun Exchange and you could hit Hoffmans on the same trip.

I suggest you drive north or east for an hour before stopping and buying anything unless you want to pay NY prices!
Let me look these up, maybe I can make the trip this weekend :D
By JohnB
its definatly worth the trip ! 2 of my favorite haunts
By CTSixshot
Although more into estate and auction activities, Hansen's Guns is right there in Southport (visible from I-95 NB around exit 19). They have limited new guns on display (mostly Rugers- their neighbor), but they can get most firearms that are available.

I tend to grab ammo and such off the bargain counter at fair prices. Much of this is odds and ends from people who've sold their collections etc, so it maybe partial cases and older ammo.

Otherwise, get out of Fairfield County and make the drive to NGX, Hoffmans and G&S to comparison shop first.
By equality72521
If you know specifically what you want, I would call around to find the best price, then make a targeted road trip. For my last purchase I did just that. Spent a few hours calling about 10 of the larger shops in the state and most guys were real upfront about the price over the phone. It was a very pleasant experience, and not at all like calling around for CAR prices... And prices can vary significantly for the exact same gun, in my case there was a $75 difference between low and high, so it's worth the research.

Then again, all bets are OFF if you DON'T know what you want. Then you need to go to a place with a large selection so you can handle several and choose. In that case Hoffman's is probably your best bet.
By CTSixshot
Even though he isn't a gun seller anymore, Chris' Indoor Shooting Range (US 1, Guilford) does have a fairly diverse selection of rentals on site, so you can actually shoot the handguns that might interest you.
By DRU
Thanks for all of the responses!

I think I'm leaning towards a Glock 33. Yea I'll see how far those shops are, if too far I'll just call. But it's always nice to look around, I might have a change of heart :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!