Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By PaiN
newguy wrote:I shot one of them Bersa thunder 380 once. I was surprised how nice it was for so cheap no jams. felt pretty good in hand
That's pretty much the picture I'm getting on this BP9.....
I had it apart last night for and initial cleaning and checkout. The internals are not really "like" any other pistol, seems like Bersa did there own thing. Its well built and solid with steel components and rails, even the guild rod.
It is a little on the difficult side to field strip and reassemble. I was actually getting frustrated at a few points....but now that I know the process, it should be a snap.
By newguy
Yes that was my impression really solid for the price for sure. Not expensive doesn't always mean not well made that for sure
By LTB45
Smart choice!

I have 4 different models of Bersa in my safe. One is my EDC.
This new model is probably going to get added to the stable.

Hell if I wait a few weeks I may even get a shot at buying the one in this thread.
By PaiN
Well, if it turns out to be a POS ..I'll make sure one of you guys gets it ;)
By SR9
PaiN wrote:Well, if it turns out to be a POS ..I'll make sure one of you guys gets it ;)
Well, thanks Pain. Nothing like having friends that watch you back. :wink:
By PaiN
Not sorry to say ;) I experienced no functional problems what so ever in this Bersa's first 200 rounds last night.

I ran 80 CCI Blazer, 50 PMC Bronze, 50 WWB, Independence(factory reman.), some of JohnFH's light target loads he brewed up and 10 Critical Defense 115g. All lit off and cycled without issue, even the light loads fired at the end of the session. The pistol is a solid shooter. I'm satisfied that mine works, if anything happens as round count goes up, I'll keep the post updated.
Its also decently accurate...the three finger grip and killer trigger probably help. The pistol can rip....It is surprisingly fast on follow up, the reset is so quick I had a few "Whoa!" moments until I got used to it...
As for shooting, I pretty much agree with what I read a few places, the BP9cc has a sharp recoil but does not squirm around or have excessive muzzle flip, which keeps it nicely on target.
The cons:
I got some minor "trigger pinch" between the trig and trig guard. There is a slight seem on the inside of the guard so I'm going to hit it with some 1000/1500 grit sandpaper.....I'm sure this will end the pinch issue. The mag release is difficult to manipulate and stiff, it takes a concentrated effort to drop the mag. Hopefully this will work out over time.

Here's the BP9cc's typical 5 shot group, off hand, slow, with 115g WWB ammo @ 8-10yrds out. The target was also swaying some from the exhaust fans (sry I've haven't cleaned the gun yet)
Below is a comparison with a Ruger SR9 and LCP.

By JohnFH
I'll toss my cent out, not a bad little 9mm, grip is a little thin for my taste, but there was still plenty to hold onto, trigger is decent, a bit of take up and a little gritty feeling near the end of the pull.

Decent accuracy, and recoil isn't bad to handle. I won't replace my Glock with it, but would get one before any Taurus. :wink:
By PaiN
The gun actually has a trigger safety(like Glock, Ruger SR etc) but instead of using a dongle its incorporated into the trigger, so the "take up" is the safety disengagement portion of the squeeze. I'm sure the slight grit will work out with a few cleaning and some more rounds.
By JohnFH
Once you pick out an outfit for it, you won't notice the trigger anyway :wink:
By punisher
Range report please!!!
By PaiN
punisher wrote:Range report please!!!
Someone, missed something...... :roll:
By punisher
Oops
Sorry!!!
By punisher
Im on a compact 9mm EDC hunt myself. This one looks just like the right size. Maybe ill sneak off afterwork and go check one out. I just bought the CZ P01 9mm and love it for occasional carry. But its mostly for home and range.

Also want to look at the CZ 2075 9mm.
Thanks for the research.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!