Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By magneton44
I'm considering purchasing a Lone wolf 9mm conversion barrel and a couple of G17 mags for a drop in kit. Has anyone moved forward on this? If this is a thread that has already addressed, my apologies.

I have read that 124 grain 9mm is preferred ammo for this conversion.

Thanks!
By JohnFH
Let me know how it works, I was considering that instead of getting a G17
By sludwinjr
works fine, i would also change out the ejector in the trigger housing with a 9mm one, seemed to work better for me. also the 124 grain was just to break it in for 100-200 rounds and then was great with any ammo. also kkm was a little better than the lone wolf
By magneton44
sludwinjr wrote:works fine, i would also change out the ejector in the trigger housing with a 9mm one, seemed to work better for me. also the 124 grain was just to break it in for 100-200 rounds and then was great with any ammo. also kkm was a little better than the lone wolf

KKM being better quality? And would I want a G17 EJECTOR? Obviously using G17 Mags correct?
By sludwinjr
before i swapped out my ejector the brass was hammering me, once i switched it the brass ejected like it should. it wont cause any reliability probs, but i got a cut om my face from the brass.....it sucked.

not a big deal if you dont.....lone wolf barrels are decent, but ive seen a lot having to go back to jr for reaming or replacement. always have had great luck with kkm, kkm always fit tighter and better, but either is good

yes use g17 mags, try it with just the barrel first, i prob have a spare 9mm ejector you can have if needed after
By magneton44
Cool, Thank You! Sooo, I would want to swap out with a G17 ejector correct?, if needed. Yeah brass cuts do suck, We were test firing the " new" Colt New Agent in 9mm @ Colt i.e. endurance testing, taking turns and I got a few flying brass monkeys in the forehead :lol:
By magneton44
Almost bought that KKM barrel this morning..$165.00 + G17 MAGS, looking at what, $ 200.00?
By Rich_B
Conversion works fine. Just make sure you get a 'conversion barrel' not a G17 barrel.
By sjcolwell2
Chirs @ Riverview has one, works fine, even with crappy 115g reloads.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!