Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By JohnFH
I have what must be the ugliest G22 on the planet, it was painted, more than once, and trying to strip the paint off is going slow and poorly at best.

I want to do something, that flame paint job was interesting, but I have no idea what direction to go. I was thinking just send it back to Glock and get it refinished, but then it would just be a plain G22.

It functions fine, so everything is cosmetic and I won't be using it for IDPA or anything formal, so pretty much anything goes.

Ideas?
(or make me an offer if you have a project in mind)
By GreggAndrews
... Camo glock?

:)
By sludwinjr
that diamondplate is a pain to do, its need to be cleared with the clear duracoat to last. i used to use duracoat a lot, but it just didnt hold up very well. even cerakote wears off polymer eventually but is probably the best finish out there. id go to liberty coatings in east berlin connecticut with the frame/slide and have him blast the finish off the frame/slide and pic out a cerakote color or 2, very very reasonavle.....here is a link

http://www.libertycoatings.com/

giovanni is a great guy.......he does the cerakote for jojo's in southington
By JohnFH
yeah, that is about as much as I came up with, guess it goes back to Glock
By sludwinjr
i have a few things with hydrographics/water transfer printing, not bad, but i think cerakote is the most durable out of everything

By Drew
without a doubt cerakote is more durable
By PaiN
JohnFH wrote:I have what must be the ugliest G22 on the planet, it was painted, more than once, and trying to strip the paint off is going slow and poorly at best.

I want to do something, that flame paint job was interesting, but I have no idea what direction to go. I was thinking just send it back to Glock and get it refinished, but then it would just be a plain G22.

It functions fine, so everything is cosmetic and I won't be using it for IDPA or anything formal, so pretty much anything goes.

Ideas?
Sorry.....I can not imaging you of all people with a blinged up Glock. :? Its your carry piece, isn't it? So who the hell is going to see it? The bad guy? Don't waste your hard earned money..send it to Glock for the refurb.
By SR9
PaiN wrote:
JohnFH wrote:I have what must be the ugliest G22 on the planet, it was painted, more than once, and trying to strip the paint off is going slow and poorly at best.

Ideas?
Sorry.....I can not imaging you of all people with a blinged up Glock. :? Its your carry piece, isn't it? So who the hell is going to see it? The bad guy? Don't waste your hard earned money..send it to Glock for the refurb.
But projects are so much fun pain. This is a good candidate sine he is not liking it the way it is.
By PaiN
SR9 wrote:
PaiN wrote:

Ideas?
But projects are so much fun pain. This is a good candidate sine he is not liking it the way it is.
JohnFH is not a fun type of guy, he's more of a refurbish job type.

:lol:
By JohnFH
I'm not fun? :(
By SR9
Hey, he has done work for me so he must have a great sense of humor. He has not seen me shoot but I am sure that would give him a chuckle.

Besides us older guys are willing to try something new......well maybe. :D
By PaiN
JohnFH wrote:I'm not fun? :(
Okay, like I'm serious..... :?
I just don't believe in defacing a Glock
By sludwinjr
:(
actually the camo glock was a factory glock done by dynamic finishes, i bought it new at hoffys. all my carbon fiber was mostly done on extra frames i had, a friend of mine had just gotten into water transfer printing so i had him try a few things out. i dont carry these, they are paper weights and conversation pieces in the safe. dont worry, i still have my other 4 glocks that are in my normal mix for carry....those remain factory finish :D
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!