Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By magneton44
Has anyone had any practical experience with this product line? Steyr M or S series pistols. And if so, how would you compare them to Glock, if that's possible.
By PaiN
I've always wanted to try a Steyr and have been close to a purchase once or twice.....but since they are no longer imported mags are hard to find, expensive and I'd hate to need parts or a repair on one. I decided to pass
By magneton44
The latest I found..

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/new ... ht=related

http://gunblog.com/steyr-to-bring-the-s ... ted-states

From Wikipedia:

In 2010, Steyr Mannlicher US began reimporting Steyr M-A1 and S-A1 pistols.[5] The newly imported Steyr M and S have a revised slide imprinted with the Steyr Arms logo.[citation needed] The newly imported 2010 models have a roll pin in the slide improving trigger pull and a modified extractor for easier ejecting of casings.
Last edited by magneton44 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By magneton44
No, no new gun as of yet. Enter search mode :roll:
By Chantry
I have a Steyr M9. It points better then any gun I have ever owned or fired, including Glocks, a Luger and better even then my H&K P7M8. The trigger is about the same weight as a Glock, but more smooth and less crunchy or gritty then M21 I used to own.
Magazines are available at CDNN or the Steyr web site.

Downsides: there are fewer holster choices and fewer aftermarket accessories and not everybody likes the trapezoidal sight picture. While most guns, like a Glock, are essentially a post and notch, the Steyr uses a triangle shaped front site and the reverse for the rear sight. I happen to like the sights, they are very fast to pick up, but some prefer the more conventional sight picture offered by Glocks or Smiths or Sigs.

I happen to think they are a better gun then the Glocks and the designer worked for Glock.

Shooting there is very little muzzle flip and like a Glock, lead bullets are NOT recommended.
By magneton44
Chantry wrote:I have a Steyr M9. It points better then any gun I have ever owned or fired, including Glocks, a Luger and better even then my H&K P7M8. The trigger is about the same weight as a Glock, but more smooth and less crunchy or gritty then M21 I used to own.
Magazines are available at CDNN or the Steyr web site.

Downsides: there are fewer holster choices and fewer aftermarket accessories and not everybody likes the trapezoidal sight picture. While most guns, like a Glock, are essentially a post and notch, the Steyr uses a triangle shaped front site and the reverse for the rear sight. I happen to like the sights, they are very fast to pick up, but some prefer the more conventional sight picture offered by Glocks or Smiths or Sigs.

I happen to think they are a better gun then the Glocks and the designer worked for Glock.

Shooting there is very little muzzle flip and like a Glock, lead bullets are NOT recommended.
Great, Thanks for the commentary, helps in decision making :wink:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!