Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By punisher
Im on the hunt for an all steel 9mm.
Prefrebly compact but also looking at full size also.
Been doing research on Sigs. Which other brands do you recommend?
No poly or other calibers please.
Thanks
By GreggAndrews
It's full sized & probably not what you want, but the 9mm 1911's are absolutely fantastic guns to shoot. Para made a double stack version, and I think Springfield does now... I'll have to check.
By punisher
Thanks Gregg. A 1911 style i would also consider. I looked at the Sig 1911 but it only comes in 45acp.
By MadSmith
Smith & Wesson 6906, and its full size older brother 5906. Stainless steel.
By myglimk2
CZ P01 8)
By GreggAndrews
I'd also like to add that the Hungarians made the FEG series which were pretty close clones of the Hi-power.

A guy I worked with had one, and I had the opportunity to shoot it a bit. Not the prettiest gun out there, but it was reliable, fairly accurate, and cheap cheap cheap!!! 8)
By JohnFH
There are a lot of varied opinions, but I love my '83 Beretta 92F and no one that has ever fired it has not liked it.

I honestly can't give an estimate as to the 10's of thousands of rounds I fired through it.
By myglimk2
JohnFH wrote: Beretta 92F.
Another excellent choice IMO!
By punisher
Hows the berreta versus sig as in reliability does the beretta 92 come in compact
By JohnFH
I honestly can't give an estimate as to the 10's of thousands of rounds I fired through it.
I haven't replaced any parts, it has been to 3 advanced classes with me.

And if you do have an issue with a Beretta, they don't have an attitude when you call.

There are some compact variations, but for the size difference I'll go full size.
By magneton44
JohnFH wrote:
I haven't replaced any parts, it has been to 3 advanced classes with me.

And if you do have an issue with a Beretta, they don't have an attitude when you call.

There are some compact variations, but for the size difference I'll go full size.
+1 for the Beretta 92FS, Just don't buy a "green" one :lol:
By punisher
Whats the difference between the 92fs and 92a1?
By BigJonBoy
+1 for Beretta 92fs. Awesome shooter. One of my favorites...
By sludwinjr
1- sig p239 9mm
2- sti spartan 9mm ( 1911 reasonable price)
3- kahr k9 9mm
By magneton44
punisher wrote:Whats the difference between the 92fs and 92a1?
More plastic parts.. We were just issued the new 92a1.

Increasingly, it has become popular to reduce handgun weight and cost and increase corrosion resistance by using polymers. Starting around the year 2000, Beretta began replacing some parts with polymer and polymer coated metal. Polymer parts include the recoil spring guide rod which is now also fluted, magazine release button, magazine floor plate, magazine follower and the mainspring cap/lanyard loop. Polymer coated metal parts include the safety levers, trigger, trigger bar, slide lock/release and disassembly latch.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!