Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By PaiN
Hoff's posted up this $499 package on the new Insight laser equipped Sig P290.
I had a P290(if you remember) it was a nice little 9mm carry gun. Mine unfortunately had problems x2 and got bought back. It did shoot and carry very well.

http://www.hoffgun.com/SP-P290ValuePak.htm
By punisher
How about the new versions. Ive been reading that the trigger issue has been repaired and updated.

What do you mean about it doesnt shoot well? Recoil?
Im really considering this gun but ONLY if the bugs have benn worked out.

Advice welcomed

Thanks
By PaiN
I said....it shot and caried well. But....
Mine had a trigger reset issue that was corrected but on return from that problem it started light striking, at that point, Hoffmans bought it back from me.
I'd assume Sig has the bugs worked out by now. I did like the 290 and gave a passing thought to giving it anoher go when I saw this special......but I'd be much happier if you got one and did the trying for me :lol:
By punisher
Ive never had a sig and really like subcompacts. For a full size i really want a P226. Kinda risky but ive also bought risky guns like keltecs and they have been fine and actually pretty reliable.

I will heed your hands on experience with this sig and just wait a little longer ( maybe a week or two) :twisted:

What other subcompact 9mm would you recommend from sig or close to it

Thanks
By sludwinjr
i held the sig and it felt decent, but after reading pains issues and others over the net, i figured id wait.
then i found a used but never fired kahr pm9 black rose edition. i really liked my pm9 before ( carrys easy, very very very accurate) so i had to get it. i love the pm9, glad i got another. if anyone ever wants to shoot it let me know......rather have you try it first and hate/like it before buying one
By PaiN
Right now, if I was going to buy another sub-compact 9mm it would be a Kahr CM9 or Ruger LC9
By sjcolwell2
I hear these things are crap
By Tank
Definitely seemed like another questionable item to come out of Exeter. I am looking forward to shooting one of the new p224s in 9mm though.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!