Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By newguy
I like the Drones Idea I just wish they could come up with a full size drone and take the live pilot out of the picture
By hayes1966
GreggAndrews wrote:
I've been considering getting a j frame or a lcp for edc.
Don't bother with J-frame S&W's. According to experts, the .38 Special won't penetrate body armor, and the low capacity klippz won't allow you to fight off all the ninjas. :lol:
Body armor? What world are you on?
By newguy
If Hilary Clinton has anything to say about it we will never get our hands on any surplus M9. She wants all the ones the military is replacing to be shipped to Afghanistan for there police.
By JohnFH
hayes1966 wrote:
GreggAndrews wrote:
I've been considering getting a j frame or a lcp for edc.
Don't bother with J-frame S&W's. According to experts, the .38 Special won't penetrate body armor, and the low capacity klippz won't allow you to fight off all the ninjas. :lol:
From the mouthes of babes....
By newguy
Shoot if they released the M9 there going to warehouse to the public you prolly see them under 300 dollars
By GreggAndrews
It's a running joke. Nevermind. :P
By AgentP
What they should do is a study on asking the "badguy" who just got shot, if he can tell what caliber bullet is stuck in his ass. I think that would finally put this debate to rest.

If the day ever comes that I need to shoot someone, trust me its not gonna be, bang......is he still coming? It'll be bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang.....ect! Reload....Yup he's stopped.
By Jason
"Why do you carry a .45 instead of a 9mm?"

"Which would you rather be shot with?"

Kind of sums it up for me... as long as you carry it and can shoot it.

If you don't carry the weapon because it's too big, well that's no good.

Personally, I shoot any full frame pistol reasonable well, right or left handed.

I shoot a 1911 better than most others but not by a huge amount.

I shoot a small pistol like the LCP or P238 a lot worse. So I either carry the P229 or a 1911. I make a reasonable effort to conceal and call it a day.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!