Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By magneton44
For those that own them, I'm considering purchasing a G19. Looking to get some tips on selection. Specifically, what Gen do you prefer and why?
By myglimk2
I prefer the Gen3's. Love the way the grip feels in my hand. Gen1 and 2's dont have the finger cut outs like the Gen3's or 4's. Gen 4's are nice too but I dont like it's texture.
Most shops should have both gen's. Your best bet would be to grope em both up before making a decision.
By magneton44
Thanks, Plan on doing the "feel up" exercise :lol:
By myglimk2
BTW if they dont have any 19's, 23's are the same exact size. :wink:
By magneton44
Had the 23, took it to a couple of classes at the Sig Academy, had trouble with getting a comfortable enough grip. Kept changing my grip position. Big recoil on a small frame. I don't mind recoil, especially .40, and in the case of the G22, seems to be perfect.

By myglimk2
So you know how the gen3 feels. :lol:
19 has less recoil which makes easier for follow up shots.
By magneton44
SOOOO, gen 3 G19, is what I'm hearing...
By magneton44
And your right, it was the follow up shots that were not exactly placed where I wanted them. Should have taken the M&P9. Next time :roll:
By myglimk2
Gen 3 19 all the way!
By magneton44
Great, Thanks for your input :!:
By YeaItsSlo
Love love love my 2g 19!
By sjcolwell2
The Gen 4 has three different back straps to adjust the grip to you , It also has an improved giude rod system. I have a gen 3 Glock 17 which is a great gun, never once had a hick-up ever , just don't over look the gen 4 it is just as good. personally I think the grip is to big for most people on a gen 3. Both of my gen 3 glocks ( 17 & 38) have the grips reduced. Which I find more comfortable.
By magneton44
Personally, I prefer larger grips on my guns. Anything I've bought that has the option to change grip sizes, I've gone to the largest panel. Just me I guess :roll:
By sjcolwell2
I would still check them both out .
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!