Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Rich_B
GreggAndrews wrote:They cannot own what we civilians cannot. Point blank, that is what it is. They have no more rights than you or I do.
Simply put, they certainly shouldn't have any more rights, but they do in many different areas.

I won't keep arguing this issue with you since it is off topic and you don't tend to learn quickly or listen to the point being made.
By sludwinjr
my 10mm cco that i built..........for me its the perfect gun in the perfect holster. dont even feel it, it fits so nice

By GreggAndrews
slud, that really is a NICE build.

I gotta say though, you just gotta have some nice scrollwork done on the slide, filled with gold leaf, & the whole thing brought to an absolute mirror finish.

Maybe wraparound, burled cherry grips, stained nice n' dark? :wink:

How about a nice French cut on each side of the slide right below the radius on the top? :D
By PaiN
GreggAndrews wrote:slud, that really is a NICE build.

I gotta say though, you just gotta have some nice scrollwork done on the slide, filled with gold leaf, & the whole thing brought to an absolute mirror finish.

Maybe wraparound, burled cherry grips, stained nice n' dark? :wink:

How about a nice French cut on each side of the slide right below the radius on the top? :D
Steve.......DON"T DO IT!!! Image
By GreggAndrews
Steve.......DON"T DO IT!!!
You sir, are without taste!!! :lol:
By hayes1966
But that is his perfect gun for last week, next week is a new week so needs a new gun!
By PaiN
hayes1966 wrote:But that is his perfect gun for last week, next week is a new week so needs a new gun!
Yes...and he is very reluctant to fully embrace the FA creed......
By sludwinjr
hayes1966 wrote:But that is his perfect gun for last week, next week is a new week so needs a new gun!
sad but true........
keeps the wife on her toes though :lol:

***thats why owning a gun shop would be sweet....carry a new trade in every week
By hayes1966
That is one of the sharpest firearms I have seen in a while.
By Rich_B
sludwinjr wrote:my 10mm cco that i built..........for me its the perfect gun in the perfect holster. dont even feel it, it fits so nice
How is the slide to operate? Does the 10mm recoil spring make it especially stiff in comparison to a .45 ACP 1911?

Just curious. Looks real nice.
By sludwinjr
after a lot of research to see what people are running in their 10mm commanders like dan wessons, fusions, i ended up using a 22# recoil spring and a 20# hammer spring. it seemed to work good as i shot mostly 180g loads form williams cartridge and some diff hollow points so the springs seem good. as far as the slide, its not to bad, wife has a little trouble racking it, but it feels about the same as my nighthawk that is a 45.

and thanks for the comments guys..theyre appreciated... :lol:
By XM15
My first carry gun (and still my go to gun) is my Kimber GR. I wear it in a Desantis IWB. Very comfortable with it and I'm able to carry all year round with no issues. My other is a Kahr PM9 on the ankle.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!