Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By BigJonBoy
Now dont get me wrong, I'm a Colt guy, Colts make me all warm and fuzzy, but this seems quite awesome. Anyone ever seen, handled, fired one of these? It says American classic, but I believe they are made in the Phillipines. I think its $379.00 NIB at Newington Gun Exchange, they are all sold out exept the basic GI model. For about $20 more, you get better sights, speed bumb on the grip safety, skeleton hammer/trigger etc. So ofcourse im waiting on some of the "deluxe" models to come in... i was told that this pistol outshot a $3000 wilson combat in a ransom rest. Seems like a quality 1911 for an inexpensive price. Any questions, comments, concerns would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys...
By PaiN
I believe I handled one last year at Sportsmans Outpost, the price was right around $400. It was a nice build for the price, I remember the trigger being really, really crisp. The salesman was impressed with it too, but I decided not to buy....
By newguy
My brother inlaw has one he likes it if you do some research on the company the machine there making the 1911 on. Are machines that they bought from Colt when Colt replaced all there old CNC machines
By sjcolwell2
Yeah I almost bought one but went with the Springfield instead. They are mad in the Philipines. For the money they are worth it.
By sludwinjr
not bad but for around $600 you can get a really nice sti spartan in 9 or 45, and they just released a few differant sizes on dawson precission website. the spartans are also semi philipine made as they are final checked by sti and come with sti's lifetime warranty which is outstanding
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!