Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Drew
I have mixed Para experiences. I have a P12 that I bought when they became available years ago. It's fantastic, reliable and quite accurate. Last year I bought a LDA PDA. That has not worked our so well and neither has customer service.Reminds me I need to call them again
By sjcolwell2
I've heard some rumors about Para. Apparently they have moved there production centers a few times and each time they have fired everyone , all to cut costs.

So most of the people that worked there just don't give a crap because in a few months they mostlikely won't have jobs. Of course this is what I have heard. And this is only in reference two the newer ones ( last five years or so) The older stuff is good. And yeah there customer service sucks.
Every time I stop by a gun shop they always have a ton of used Para's sitting there for sale ... cheap too. All this was told to me buy a guy who works at Hoffman's. He convinced me to get a Springfield instead . Which is an awesome firearm I might add.
By SR9
Interesting, thanks for the info. The P14s I saw for sale were not what I call cheap but $450 to $550 is not exactly my budget either.

I think I will move on. Wished I had the $$$ for hayse's AMT. My brother has had several and liked them.

The Springfields look quite nice and I have heard good about them.
By sjcolwell2
Yeah, I have a Champion, and I love it. I wanna have the sights changed though , thats my only complaint.
By sjcolwell2
Its a GI model that comes either parkerized of in stainless. I put a drop on bevertail, skeltetonized hammer , and ambi's on it , night sights are next.
By sjcolwell2
I'll post some pics tonight
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!