Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By YeaItsSlo
you got a lot of grit in your gun now?
By myglimk2
YeaItsSlo wrote:you got a lot of grit in your gun now?
Oh yah! It's dirty as f*ck and still ran great! Seems like it was running better dirty. :lol:

I don't think I'm gonna clean it yet. I wanna see how many rounds it takes before I start getting function issues. :twisted:
By YeaItsSlo
myglimk2 wrote:
YeaItsSlo wrote:you got a lot of grit in your gun now?
Oh yah! It's dirty as f*ck and still ran great! Seems like it was running better dirty. :lol:

I don't think I'm gonna clean it yet. I wanna see how many rounds it takes before I start getting function issues. :twisted:
I started to clean mine and there is a lot of grit in the trigger.. Gonna tear into it tomorrow ..
By PaiN
All new Rugers need to be cleaned out, the crap that is in the new guns is unbelievable, oil and packing grit..yuk!
Thanks for letting me shoot the SR22, I'm really glad I had a chance to run one and even better side by side with the Mosquito :)
The SR22 a nice little shooter with a good trigger. Its got that "thing" too....that keeps me thinking about it, that "thing" that makes me want to shoot it some more.
The Mosquito feels better in my hand(its more gun) and I'm used too it, so I shoot it more accurately, although myglimk2 had the SR222 pretty dialed in by the end of the session.
Its also true the the Mosquito only likes certain HV ammo......I used CCI Mini-Mags for break-in, a few Remington "Game Loads" early on and all I've run since then is CCI Blazer(40g HV LRN). I've had no functional issues with these rounds through the pistol. Tonight I finally tried out some of the Federal and Winchester 36g HP bulk pack ammo......The Sig totally choked on it :(.....back on the Blazer and it ran like a top. I guess labels all over the packaging and manual that the pistol was designed to run on CCI HV ammo were serious :?
By YeaItsSlo
Love this gun!!

By SR9
Nice pic, looks great and sounds like a nice shooter too. If I was not saving for a 1911 I would jump on one of these in a heart beat.

Thanks for the range report guys!
By YeaItsSlo
Just an update.. 1120+- rounds only 2 failure to load the next round.. Love this gun
By myglimk2
YeaItsSlo wrote:Just an update.. 1120+- rounds only 2 failure to load the next round.. Love this gun
Sweeeeet! 8)
By PaiN
...I put an SR22 on lay-away last night 8)
By YeaItsSlo
Group shoot with our sr22s!!
By myglimk2
YeaItsSlo wrote:Group shoot with our sr22s!!
I'm down!
By PaiN
The little sport is in the house :D

By YeaItsSlo
Woot woot!!!
By PaiN
I ran the crap out of the SR22 this morning with CCI Blazer and Rem Thunderbolt no functional problems I'm at ~350round mark. I enjoyed shooting the little SR. Compared to the Mosquito they are about on equal footing.....of course, I've had much more time with the Mosquito so we'll see, so far so good and seems to be getting better. :)
By jamesb
What's its size compared to the Walther P22?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!