Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By AgentP
Just wondering what others think about this. I've seen some guys (cops and instructors) running a mini red dot on semi autos. I was looking at a trijicon rmr dual illumination, no need for battery worries. The thought is there. I run an aimpiont and eotech on my ars. So why not take advantage on a pistol too, right? I could put a laser on it too. But with a mini its always on and right there in front of your face when you bring your pistol up on target. Hmm.....
By nvisn
Try it out with a Primary Arms Micro. If it doesn't work out it is only $89 and there is a very real chance that I would buy it from you...
By SR9
nvisn wrote:Try it out with a Primary Arms Micro. If it doesn't work out it is only $89 and there is a very real chance that I would buy it from you...
Looks interesting. I could not find any dimensions on it though. A friend of mine has a Burris fast fire on his 1911 but it is not his carry gun.

I say it's worth a try for $89.
By nvisn
The PA Micro has the same dimensions of the Aimpoint Micro
By AgentP
I've seen a guy with the trijicom RMR on his pistol, looked pretty sick. Not sure if I would use the rearsight dovetail mount or have the slide machined out to fit the sight, kinda like the way the FNP 45 tactical comes. Its got the slot already milled in from the factory. That way a higher set of sights might still be visible, like the ones you would use if you had a suppressor. That way you still have sights, just like on an AR. Just in case Mr. Murphy shows up.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!