Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By myglimk2
Just traded my Glock19 for a Gen4 G23. I still have a G26, but I am contemplating on putting it up for trade for a G27.
I know I can order a 9mm barrel conversion for the 23 and a 27.
So I am unsure now if I wanna stick with 9mm or move up to .40.
9mm is cheap and .40 is only a buck or two more so thats one plus.

Let me know your thoughts.....
By JohnFH
I found I tend to shoot a little better with 9mm over 40, I get faster follow up shots, less muzzle flip. With that said, I would also say I shoot 45 better than 40.

So I primarily have 9mm and 45, I'll probably be getting rid of the G22 soon, haven't shot that in over a year now that I think about it.
By AgentP
For some reason I've never been a 40 fan. I like my 9s but i love my 45.
By hayes1966
I would go with the 9mm. It is easier to control.
By GreggAndrews
Eff' that weak crap.

.460 Rowland baby. :twisted:
By myglimk2
hayes1966 wrote:I would go with the 9mm. It is easier to control.
I've done well with my other .40's ive owned. So control isn't so much an issue for me.
By myglimk2
GreggAndrews wrote:Eff' that weak crap.

.460 Rowland baby. :twisted:
Might as well just carry an RPG :twisted:
By GreggAndrews
Well, think about it.

Have you ever wondered to yourself "Geez, if I had enough firepower I could shoot through an engine block"?

Yeah. You have. :lol:
By PaiN
I'd stick with 9mm
By hayes1966
Give Pain a day and he will be back with the 40s&w :lol:
By newguy
I say carry whatever your more comfortable with I think that question is more of a personal choice rather then a which one is better
By myglimk2
newguy wrote:I say carry whatever your more comfortable with I think that question is more of a personal choice rather then a which one is better
I got the G23 with intentions of getting a LWD 9mm barrel for it. But now I'm having second thoughts. If I do this, this would mean I need 23 mags and 19 mags. But I was thinking more on it and that .40 cal ammo isnt that much more than 9mm. So I am almost leaning towards just keeping it all .40 and trading the G26 for a 27.
Plus I can always put them back up for trade for a 19 and a 26 again. :roll:
By PaiN
myglimk2 wrote: I got the G23 with intentions of getting a LWD 9mm barrel for it. But now I'm having second thoughts. If I do this, this would mean I need 23 mags and 19 mags. But I was thinking more on it and that .40 cal ammo isnt that much more than 9mm. So I am almost leaning towards just keeping it all .40 and trading the G26 for a 27.
Plus I can always put them back up for trade for a 19 and a 26 again. :roll:
You should have at least one combat type 9mm in your collection. Don't mess with the barrels and waste money, just shoot them in the intended cal. and keep a decent stock on hand of both.
By myglimk2
Is a G26 considered a "combat type"? :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!