Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By sjcolwell2
Ok Took the DB9 to the range this weekend to put her through the paces. All I have to say is that I'm inpressed. This little gun is a dream to shoot for its size. Even the wife who is not a big fan of excessive recoil loved to shoot this little gun. I found the recoil to be much more manageable that either a keltec P3AT, PF9 or P11. Right out of the box we ran a hundred through it with out a single hitch, no misfires , falure to feeds, stovepipes e.t.c. I even shot quite a few steel plates with it. The sights are drift adjustable and very easy to aquire target through. Unlike most pocket pistols. For the money ( roughly 360 Bucks) You can't go wrong with this gun as either a carry gun or back-up for something a little larger. Compared to a P3AT its not much bigger.
By PaiN
Thanks sj, I'm surprised to read such a tiny gun(in 9mm no less) is a pleasure to shoot and very glad for its 100% function. If I can get a trade I'm working on done my search for a smaller carry gun will be over, if not, I may have to resume looking for a DB9 at less than $400+tax
By SR9
Interesting discussion. A friend of mine has a DB380 and it shoots very much like what you describe sj.

I shot it better that my LCP which I have much more practice with. I like my LCP but it certainly has sites that are less than ideal in all but the best lighting.
By sjcolwell2
SR9 wrote:Interesting discussion. A friend of mine has a DB380 and it shoots very much like what you describe sj.

I shot it better that my LCP which I have much more practice with. I like my LCP but it certainly has sites that are less than ideal in all but the best lighting.
Like I was saying for the price you really can't go wrong. I just wished they offered night sites, it would be a good upgrade. I have a P3AT and have shot the LCP and the LCP has less recoil then the Keltec. I would compare the recoil on the DB9 almost to the Kahr CW9. Also It only comes with one mag but new ones are only 29 buck from Diamond Back.
By sjcolwell2
PaiN wrote:Thanks sj, I'm surprised to read such a tiny gun(in 9mm no less) is a pleasure to shoot and very glad for its 100% function. If I can get a trade I'm working on done my search for a smaller carry gun will be over, if not, I may have to resume looking for a DB9 at less than $400+tax
I would see the guys at riverview It retails there for 389 and with a little haggling you can do a little better
By PaiN
I stopped in Jo-Jo's tonight to grab some 9mm....and again looked at the DB9 this time in a side by side by side with the DB380 and S&W BG.
The trigger and ergos and sheer firepower of the DB9 has it all over the other two. The sales guys this time were really talking it up and in my experience they say it like it is. They have sold many DB9s and none have come back and the buyers are happy.
I only walked out with my ammo but it was VERY hard this time ;)
By sjcolwell2
You should get one , you won't regret it. Very nice for the money.
By dgallag339
Found one for 369.00 plus tax yesterday I dod not pull the trigger (no pun intended) as I am saving for a 1911 but am considering going back to get it and then start over on my quest for the 1911. They also had two DB380's.
By PaiN
dgallag339 wrote:Found one for 369.00 plus tax yesterday
...Do you recall where? :?
By dgallag339
Haha I do, did not want to say because I did not pick it up but it was at the Arms Exchange in Naugatuck I would call ahead to confirm the price and availability just to make sure. I had just come from the gun show and looked at a lot of items.
By PaiN
dgallag339 wrote:Haha I do, did not want to say because I did not pick it up.
So you were being a Tease......:lol:
By dgallag339
Haha I guess you could say that,I did "fondle" it and I gotta say it felt good in my hands and I have large hands I am torn as I said I was saving for my 1st 1911??
By GreggAndrews

There's a bikini, without a gun in it...

I'm very confused here. :?
By sjcolwell2
I would pick it up for that price.
By JohnFH
We had one come through the shop the other day, nice little pistol, I like the feel even for a small gun, it doesn't feel like It's gonna pop out of my hand if I shoot it.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!