Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By PaiN

Just wait until you dirty that weapon up Drew....you're going to love it.
By Drew
It will be at Blue Trail tomorrow
By PaiN
SR9 wrote:I just knew I should have passed on this post! That is a great looking piece Drew! Now I want one more than ever.
I know where you could get one close....with all of the drool and less of the guilt ;)
By SR9
PaiN wrote:
SR9 wrote:I just knew I should have passed on this post! That is a great looking piece Drew! Now I want one more than ever.
I know where you could get one close....with all of the drool and less of the guilt ;)
I know, I know, was eying yours too. :lol:
By Drew
Well I ran into a functional problem with the weapon. Often when inserting a magazine the slide will close and chamber a round. I did notice the notch in the slide is not 90 degrees to the slide where the slide stop rests. It has a slight angle to it. I havent seen another FNP to verify if thats by design.
By PaiN
Drew wrote:I havent seen another FNP to verify if thats by design.
Close up ..coming up. BTW I believe what you describe as a problem is by design in FNPs
By PaiN
By Drew
Thanks !!!! Which part is by design? The angled notch or the slide closing upon inserting a magazine?
By PaiN
I could swear I read somewhere(I'm going to bed atm or I'd look it up) that FN's "combat" handguns are designed to chamber a round when a loaded mag is inserted with force. Mine work perfectly like that. If I click a mag in, the slide does not close, if I slam one in, it does close.
Last edited by PaiN on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Drew
after staring at yours the top image looks like mine except mine has a radius where the edge meets the slide. The radius is similar to what you would expect if soembody repeatedly released the slide without relieving spring tension.

The funny thing is I see no real reason for the slide releasing other than the shock of my hand slamming the magazine home. I also cant recreate it with an empty magazine at home.
By Drew
PaiN wrote:I could swear I read somewhere(I'm going to bed atm or I'd look it up) that FN's "combat" handguns are designed to chamber a round when a loaded mag is inserted with force. Mine work like perfectly like that. If I click a mag in, the slide does not close, if I slam on in, it does close.
Ok thanks I will poke around. I skimmed the manual but I was pretty frustrated at the time.
By PaiN
Good morning Sunshine :D

I'd have to say that is about what I picked up on it sometime back. I do considerate it a "feature" and it doesn't bother me as long as the slide only closes on a forcefully inserted loaded mag....Let's call the feature "tactical chambering" :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!