Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By CTSixshot
I have a P97 (45ACP) that keeps going and going. Can't say if it's exactly identical to the 95 in construction and function, but it's a reliable firearm for the money and a very simple firearm to breakdown and reassemble, too, (Most handguns are, I suppose). For the price, it's almost comparable to buying an ugly Hi-Point pistol for $150 when you seek a 45ACP and can't quite swing for a 1911.
By NeOxXt
I went to pickup and AR lower at Hoff's yesterday and got sucked in to the sale. I had been going back and forth between a budget 1911, Tokarev and something inexpensive in 9mm, since I already have a bunch of ammo to plink with. I've found that my KelTec PF9 doesn't make a great range gun for guests that aren't into the hobby. The two females I've brought shooting were scared of it and one of my close friends nicknamed it "Snot", so I figured I should own up and get something a bit less intimidating.

Online reviews are decent for a budget pistol. This will be so I have something a bit heavier for guests and so I have something with a little bit more capacity in the nightstand. Seems to be an okay aftermarket and you can get a heavier spring for it, if need be.

I've already nicknamed it the "Hamburger", because that's what it feels like: One of those super thick Ruby Tuesdays hamburgers you can't even get your mouth around. It's comfortable to hold and with the weight of a full magazine, will probably be very controllable. I'm looking forward to putting some rounds through it.

As a sidenote, I would like to mention that I was very apprehensive about shopping at Hoffmans. Man, was it busy... this was my first visit. I dealt with Nick. He was knowledgeable and pleasant. No arrogance or cockiness to be dealt with. I had originally chosen an S&W SW9VE from the Used Case for $200. He wasn't all that enthusiastic about selling it to me and told me to try the trigger. I actually had to struggle to fire it. I watched him do the same. When I mentioned the Ruger deal, he lit up about it. He had a Glock on his side, so I knew that for the extra $50, it was the better "crude" firearm. No nonsense transaction. Very pleased.

Sorry for the novel. Rainy Monday here at work and nothing better to do than be long winded.
By rigger7
Wow I don't find my P95 crude at all,it has everything that I need and nothing I don't including a rediculous price tag.
I'm definetly going to get another.This has to be the ultimate sleeper gun.
By SR9
rigger7 wrote:Wow I don't find my P95 crude at all,it has everything that I need and nothing I don't including a rediculous price tag.
I'm definetly going to get another.This has to be the ultimate sleeper gun.
I like mine, the trigger is not match grade for sure but it works for me. Had mine out twice and it has been flawless with anything I feed it.

My only complaint is that the rear sight is off by a lot, shoots about 3 inches to the right at 25 feet. I can visually see that the rear sight is not centered on the slide. A few taps and it should be fine.

In spite of the sight I was hitting various targets at up to 25 yards and I am not that good with a pistol.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!