Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By SR9
I just received a flyer from Hoffman's re the SIG 1911. They are offering it with 4 mags for $799.

Anyone have any experience with this 1911? I have heard that Sig has had quality issues of late. Not really ready to but yet but would like to hear what the 1911 experts have to say.
:)
By PaiN
I've never heard too much good on the Sig 1911s(maybe they are better these days) ...That Tac Ops is one mean looking pistol. Might be worth taking a chance with the deal Hoff's has going....
By Jason
Things seem to wax and wane for manufacturers... I spent an hour or so last night looking at reviews and vids of this pistol. I came away pretty satisfied that it's pretty good for the price, but not an incredible deal.

There were two negative threads I found, one bashed all SIGs and the other bashed just this pistol, citing issues with the safety. Contrasting that with literally dozens of threads that praised it or it's predecessor (the Blackwater 1911) and I came away being comfortable that I would be more likely to regret having missed the price than I would having bought it and not used it.

I have a P229 Elite and it's been amazing. Never any issue with any of the ammo I shove through it - no FTFs or FTEs. I'm somewhat reluctant to buy anything else as I shoot this well and have been extremely happy with it. Not too sure anything else would work out as well.

....But I want a 1911 :)
By Jason
So, Hoffman's has one in the rental counter (hint, hint, gang). I'm a gold member, so I grabbed it, 100 rounds, and went to town.

I've only shot 1911's at their range (ie; range guns, not sure how well maintained), so I have limited basis for comparison, but this was much smoother than the Kimbers I've shot and it blew away the 9mm 1911s.

By smoother I mean 100% flawless performance, no failures, extremely accurate - I matched my performance with my P229 immediately. It also didn't dig into my hand the way the Kimbers did. The front Stipling on the TacOps is a bit abrasive, but not painfully so.

I liked it enough that I immediately bought one. Haven't had a chance to shoot my own yet, but it seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.

[Edit to clarify 9mm 1911s.]
Last edited by Jason on Sun May 01, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By hayes1966
I am not sure why Sig made a 1911 since the P220 is a kick ass firearm.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!