Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By PaiN
I've wanted one for a long time....A 9mm for just about everything 8)
I didn't have any intention of buying a new pistol, I was up in MA this morning picking up my bro and decided to stop in at Riverview Sales for a poke around the store on the way home. There in the case was a very clean gen. 3 Glock19....The gun looked hardly used and had all the factory goodies. The price wasn't bad, but I asked if they could move on it some ....I totally was not expecting a drop on such a nice G19...but they made me an even nicer offer....Not passing that up, I grabbed it.

By PaiN
What is a good grip-enhancing material for this Glock? I have Traction Grips on my G30 they add no thickness and hold like steel, but I'd like to try somethng similar but with more bite.
By JohnFH
Skate board tape, I have a ton, a little goes a long way.
By Savage
PaiN wrote:What is a good grip-enhancing material for this Glock? I have Traction Grips on my G30 they add no thickness and hold like steel, but I'd like to try somethng similar but with more bite.
I will try to remember to find it this for you. I have an article from a handgun magazine that explains in detail the process of adding a rough grip to Glocks. I've seen this applied to Glocks owned by Iraqi security forces, so that they have a better retention while wearing gloves.
By PaiN
JohnFH wrote:Skate board tape, I have a ton, a little goes a long way.
8O That would un-pretty my Glock...... hehehe
Savage wrote:I will try to remember to find it this for you. I have an article from a handgun magazine that explains in detail the process of adding a rough grip to Glocks.
I've have seen a few how-to vids on stippling polymer frames, the process is easy enough(and I have a steady hand) but it is also permanent, I'm not sure I want to ruin the frame.
By Mike-Sid
I say no to the frame stipiling. Like you said perminant, and might make it harder to sell in the future. (not that you ever sell your guns :lol: :twisted: )
By JohnFH
you can't really see the tape on my 19, and it always comes off if you don't like it
By PaiN
I'm going to go with the Traction Grips..after all. I know the product works and its ~$6 for the custom cut panels(not much more than a roll of skateboard tape ;) ) This time I'll go with the "grit type material"(no.3) instead of the "textured rubber"(no.2) that I put on the G30
By PaiN
Got a chance to put this pistol through it paces yesterday.....and it ran like a Glock should, flawlessly. I shot 150 rounds of WWB and AE 115g, I'll pick up some different weight 9mm to test out over time but I can tell the weapon is solid.
Now to decide what sights and I might add a 3.5 connector.....My G30's trigger(with a 3.5 connector) feels more crisp and better in any kind of rapid fire.
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:Got a chance to put this pistol through it paces yesterday.....and it ran like a Glock should, flawlessly. I shot 150 rounds of WWB and AE 115g, I'll pick up some different weight 9mm to test out over time but I can tell the weapon is solid.
Now to decide what sights and I might add a 3.5 connector.....My G30's trigger(with a 3.5 connector) feels more crisp and better in any kind of rapid fire.
I prolly have around 1k rounds through my G19 without a single issue. I put the trijicon night sights on mine, which works really well and are nice and bright at night! I couldnt stand the factory rear goal post sight that glock uses. Shot extremly tight groups with my trijicons.

P.S. I have the tool to install and remove the rear sight if you need to borrow one.
By PaiN
Thx for the offer....
I don't mind the Glock sights, for now and it seems to shoot right on the money. I like the XS Big Dots on my G30 and very well might go with a set on this G19.
By sludwinjr
pain should give the decal grip brand decals that are precut for the glocks,
they come in sand or rubber feel. i put the sand on my 19 and love them
they have them at riverview for like $12. well worth the money.
By PaiN
I put the Traction Grip "sand texture" on last night, it has got the extra bite I was looking for.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!