Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Johnny45
I am thinking of purchasing a Glock 23 in .40. A fried told me that Glocks do not like lead bullets. As a reloader I would be looking to shoot lead bullets. Does anyone know if Glocks have problems handling lead rounds?

Thanks
By JohnFH
Glocks will lead foul very quickly, and firing a jacketed round can cause problems after shooting lead. Best solution is an after market barrel for shooting lead bullets.
By PaiN
JohnFH wrote:Glocks will lead foul very quickly, and firing a jacketed round can cause problems after shooting lead.
This is because factory Glock barrels have hexagonal rifling that will lead foul quickly and can be hard to clean out(as with any hexagonal
rifled barrel).
By JohnFH
This is because factory Glock barrels have hexagonal rifling that will lead foul quickly and can be hard to clean out(as with any hexagonal
rifled barrel).
Details, Details..... :wink:
By Johnny45
thanks for the responses.
By sjcolwell2
Well why don't you just try some and see for your self
By CTSixshot
Mix some Marvel Mystery Oil and Pb+ to your alloy mix and you'll be good to go! You'll probably get a million rounds under your belt before it needs to be replaced. (Still can't find the timing belt on my pistol!)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!