Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By PaiN
With the sale of my finiky Sig P220 .22 X-Change, I've been on the hunt for a reliable .22lr pistol.
I was about to pull the trigger on a Ruger 4.5" TALO Edition 22/45 but I had one look around before I did. I found Browing has a promo edition stainless steel Buckmark UDX Camper on sale at Bud's for $386 shipped. The package includes, UDX grips, F/O sights, a custom gun bag/rug and (3) 10 round mags.
I bought it on the spot.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... /411543083
By PaiN
SR9 wrote:I don't know much about the buckmark but it looks good.
I'll be happy to edgamacate you(and me) shortly ;)
By hayes1966
What happened with the 22 kit on the P220?
By PaiN
hayes1966 wrote:What happened with the 22 kit on the P220?
Nothing "happened" too it. It is obvious to me that the P220 was made to be a .45ACP....there were a few "bugs" when using the .22kit. The fact that it was ammo finicky also bugged me, I hated having to have enough of "its special brand" on hand for whatever I was doing with it. Mostly, now that I have a place to shoot and go frequently I want to shoot lots of .22, I didn't feel like the Sig kit(especially the mags) was going to stand up to heavy use and its annoying to have to clean the thing every 50 rounds to keep it running smooth..
I just wanted a .22 pistol that I can shoot the crap out of with with a box of bulk ammo for a long time to come. A dedicated high quality .22lr pistol was in order.
By PaiN
I picked this beautiful pistol up last night....:D
The handling and feel are awesome, I'm can't imaging I won't love shooting it. Which I will be doing very shortly...

By CTSixshot
Is it for sale yet?
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote:Is it for sale yet?
No..but I am open to trades with nvisn.....
By PaiN
Holy Crap ....!! What a pistol :D
Awesome...is all I have to say on this matter.

Okay....I know you want more so, Frickin' Awesome
By nyalex98
it looks too nice to sell it right away
By hayes1966
you are right .. give Pain two weeks on this one .. you know that AR that James has listed is making him think hard :)
By magneton44
Dibbs, when it goes up!! :wink:
By PaiN
Sorry guys but there has been unforeseen and highly unexpected happenings with this Buckmark.....My wife has taken it as her most favorite gun 8O ....it won't be going anywhere.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!