Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By PaiN
its on the target...25yardz
8)
By magneton44
Very Nice!!
By PaiN
After my awesome experience with the Model 66...I just had to have its little brother the 94.
I went to a shop that had several 94s' in stock for $349, Riverview sales in E.Windsor
All I have to say is; "the 94 ain't no 66"
I can't believe they're made by the same company, the 94 DA is aweful, the cylinder skipped on two I looked at, its uncomfortable in my hand and simply appeared cheap....I took a pass.
By JohnB
sounds like it had a problem, was it used ?
By PaiN
No all the 94s were NIB..
I'm continuing my search for a .22 revolver. I've done alittle more research and hooked into the Taurus 970 Tracker. This pistol, unlike the 94, is built on the larger frame and(so I've read) has the excellent trigger of the larger revolvers. I want to get my hands on one asap.
Anyone have experience with the 970? or know a shop that has them in stock?
tx
By CTSixshot
PaiN:

My only .22 pistol experience is with the Ruger Mk1 and Mk2. My brother has the Single-Six convertible (nice piece, but SA). Ruger doesn't have any DA .22 revolvers, by the looks of their website. (I thought they had the SP-101 chambered in .22, but I don't see it listed.)

I can't vouch for Charter Arms Pathfinder .22 revolver offerings, but I was surprised to learn they are located in Shelton on 281 Canal Street.
http://www.charterfirearms.com/
http://www.charterfirearms.com/products ... 72240.html

These are only 6 shots, unlike S&W's 617...
...but $800 MSRP for the S&W...a .22... out of my league.

Good luck.
By PaiN
Smiths are out of my league also.....I just can't see paying that mush for a .22. I've handled a few Charter Arms .22 revs, they have a decent rep...but bad triggers :(.
Since posting, I called NGE and they are going to bring one of the 970 Trackers into the store(no place seems to have one on hand) I'll get over there as soon as its in and if its for me with a good trig....I'm taking it.
By CTSixshot
The Tracker 970 looks nice.
I see Taurus discontinued the "Raging Thirty"; at least it isn't on their website anymore.
Surprisingy (they usually don't deal with new foreign handguns), Hansen's has a new Tracker .41 Magnum revolver (I think it's the Model 425SH6C).
They have a PT 100 AF on their auction website, too. http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displ ... um=8763904
Sorry, I don't have any price information.
By JohnB
newington gun exchange has a NICE stainless S&W .22 revolver, if i remeber its around $500 as you walk into the store turn right and its over in the glass case by the C&R rifles
By PaiN
JohnB wrote:newington gun exchange has a NICE stainless S&W .22 revolver, if i remeber its around $500 as you walk into the store turn right and its over in the glass case by the C&R rifles
I've looked at several Smiths' they had on hand....I don't recall that one, though.
I know it sounds stupid but, as I said before, I'm not confident buying used guns, especially at $500+.
By JohnB
i'd meet you there and go through it, show you what to look for
By PaiN
JohnB wrote:i'd meet you there and go through it, show you what to look for
I'd buy you coffee ;)....
I'm planning on going Wednesday in the afternoon, but keep me posted if you're going between now and then(well, not today, I'm working)
By hayes1966
PaiN wrote:
I'm planning on going Wednesday in the afternoon, but keep me posted if you're going between now and then(well, not today, I'm working)
Hey guys .. Pain is buying the coffee ... Baldrick pick me up on the way!!
By PaiN
hayes1966 wrote:
PaiN wrote:
Hey guys .. Pain is buying the coffee ... Baldrick pick me up on the way!!
Now I know you guys don't care about me.....you're only looking for an excuse to go to a gun store.

:wink:
By JohnFH
Coffee!!!!! I'm in
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!