Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By PaiN
Don't hate guys :oops:
I stopped in at G&G Pawn on the way into work this morning, put my mitts back on the Taurus 66 and the damn gun just feel like a perfect fit, not only that but the trigger is the best, hands-down better than the other two. I asked if they could bring it in line with what it is retailing for, after some back & forth we settled on $400 and a box of 50r Magtech .357.
Sold.
I'll get some pics later tonight
By CTSixshot
Heck, I'm not hateful.
I knew you would have your own revolver before the Torrington shoot.
Good for you, PaiN.
By PaiN
I'll bring it up, but I plan on shooting my M&P9. I only have the revolver, no holster or loaders and only 50r of .357.
Might not be the best idea to shoot a band new gun loaded with .357 at my first action shoot, I have all of about 20rounds of revoler shooting experience on top of that.
Although, if I did, it might be something for you all to laugh about....the first competitor to score "0" :lol:
By magneton44
Nice Job!! Just 2 hand that thing.. I was looking at the taurus 66 on gunbroker. Kind of reminded me of my k frames.. Moved on though, to semi's.
Stiil have my Model 64 3" and the Model 36 Chief. Gotta have a couple of revolvers.
By JohnB
new gun ! good buy, shoot .38's through it to save cash and recoil, my house has 2 taurus wheelguns altho they are carry pieces, i do enjoy my smith and one day i'll pick up a ruger simply because they are workhorses to slam .357's through, i also have a 10" t/c contender .357 barrel which is great fun with a scope at 50 yards
By PaiN
JohnB wrote:new gun ! good buy, shoot .38's through it to save cash and recoil
I'm going to Newington Gun Exchange tomorow to pick up a few bags of 100 round Williams reloads (2).38s and (1).357m
Its also time for afew ammo boxes
By JohnB
a few weeks back they had some ammo boxes on the bargain table..save the brass its all reloadable for when you get into it or even if you dont you can always sell/trade it later on
By PaiN
Here's a look see at the new Taurus

By JohnB
nice, 7 shot is cool im liking the full underlug too
By PaiN
All I have to say is; wow! what a nice shooter.
I put the 50r of Magtech .357 through this morning, the gun is accurate and comfortable.
I knew is was a good fit for me. My first time with a wheeler and I shot it better than I've ever shot my M&P9

any tips on cleaning a rev.?
By JohnB
get a nylon or bronze brush to get into the gap's in the cylinder and around the forcing cone of the barrel, gunk builds up quickly there
By PaiN
JohnB wrote:get a nylon or bronze brush to get into the gap's in the cylinder and around the forcing cone of the barrel, gunk builds up quickly there
I have the brush, tx for the tip
By JohnB
this is killing me...almost making me wish i didnt sell my 4" full underlug dan wesson .357 :roll:
By PaiN
sorry JohnB, hope this dosen't put you in your grave :lol:

Here's what the Taurus M66 shoots like after a little practice with .38special, I used Williams reload...not bad stuff, but I think it'll tighten up even more with a factory load.
I also had my Hi-Point 995 9mm carbine with me, so I added it in.

By magneton44
What was your firing distance with the Taurus??
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!