Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By SigFan
Yeah, I know. And I don't want to start whole ballistics argument. I don't want to rehash a bunch of bla bla bla about stopping power. We've all read it a million times before on a million other sites and countless posts. I know. I can carry fewer rounds of .40 and it costs more. On the other hand, I've always wanted my Sig in .40. When I sell the P6, I will not have a 9mm. The Sig P226 E2 and my LCP will be my only pistols. My gut? Stick with 9mm. My heart? Go for the .40.

So let's hear some opinions. No stats. Hell, no logic. What would you do if you were me? And if you were me, who would I be?
By CTSixshot
Go with your heart and do the .40.
If you fall out of love, you can sell it and return to the wonder Nine, yes? (and you'll have satisfied your desires and will sleep nights again.)
Doesn't the .40 give you options with .357 Sig and 400 Corbon and all of that other hooplah, too?
By SigFan
Yeah, but this thing is going to take up all of my gun money for a long time. The E2 is not a cheap gun by any means. I hate the idea of trading up. Don't know about the .357 Sig and 400 Corbon, but I can't imagine myself doing either anyway...

I may have to go with .40. In which case the P6 will be selling with a bunch of 9mm ammo...
By CTSixshot
Well, it's your call entirely. (I own neither 9's nor 40's, but I reload for both... go figure!). I've often thought about going the 10mm Auto route were I to spend the big bucks on a big-name gun...most of my shooters are relics under $250, so any modern gun is out of my price range.
By SR9
You already have 9mm ammo so why not just stick with the 9mm? The less expensive 9mm ammo might allow you to practice more. Practice time may be more important than anything the 40 cal can do for you.
By SigFan
CTSixshot wrote:Well, it's your call entirely. (I own neither 9's nor 40's, but I reload for both... go figure!). I've often thought about going the 10mm Auto route were I to spend the big bucks on a big-name gun...most of my shooters are relics under $250, so any modern gun is out of my price range.
$400 will get you into a Sig P6 in excellent condition. Once I post it...

:D
By CTSixshot
SigFan wrote:$400 will get you into a Sig P6 in excellent condition. Once I post it...

I'll add that to my wish list right under the Sig AMT or Stgw 57 (once I relocate)...
By SigFan
CTSixshot wrote:
SigFan wrote:$400 will get you into a Sig P6 in excellent condition. Once I post it...

I'll add that to my wish list right under the Sig AMT or Stgw 57 (once I relocate)...
Not leaving this paradise we call New Haven, are you?
By CTSixshot
Heck ... I will have to leave CT to get a Sturmgewehre 57.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!