Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By glocks1986
Thinking of getting another pistol 9mm. Thinking of either a glock 19 4th gen, smith and weston m&p 9mm or beretta px4 storm 9mm. Which one guys? lol
By JohnFH
I vote Glock 19, like the old watch commercials, they just keep ticking
By CTSixshot
With a user name "glocks1986"...
...you have to ask?
Seriously though, all I know is I don't know. I've owned none of them, so I'd listen to JohnFH...
By PaiN
We all know the Glock 19's rep for reliability but if I had to pick from the op's choices(and this wasn't intended to be CCW) I'd get the Beretta PX4. I handled one and the egos are awesome, as far as reliabilty goes its hard to find a bad word on them....and NIB the Px4 is less $$ than a Glock
By JohnFH
I would list the Beretta second, only because it is less popular and harder to get parts and aftermarket items for it.

I also consider carry an important feature of every firearm, including rifles, you will always have to carry it at some time to some place unless you never shoot.
By glocks1986
True! I like all 3 of them. I have a glock 17 im looking to get rid of for my glock 19. My 17 is too big for me. So i think ill just get a glock 19 still if i cant get rid of my 17. Then ill get the s&w. Thanks guys!
By hayes1966
I have a Glock 19, 17, Sig 2022, Beretta 92FS and soon will get a Baby Eagle (CZ clone).

The Glock is probably my first choice.
By glocks1986
Hayes, Thanks for the input as well. I used to have a baby desert eagle 9mm.
By 32bttln
Take a look at Walther P99 (AS Trigger). Excellent from my experience.
By AGust82
On a very basic level, they are all the same gun. How it feels in your hand is always the final test though. Personally, I'd go with the Glock because of reputation and aftermarket support. If you make some fantasy holster up in your head, there will be one available for a G19.
By glocks1986
Like the walther ppm...I think imma stick with the glock 19..
By SR9
Before I spent any $$$ I would want to try them even if it was not my first. I went through my permit training with a G23, I really liked it. I am sure the G19 is great too. Ended up with an SR9 as my first pistol due to price and how it felt in my hand, seemed just a bit more comfortable.

Try them out and see which one fits you best. All would be good choices IMHO.
By Speedway
hayes1966 wrote:I have a Glock 19, 17, Sig 2022, Beretta 92FS and soon will get a Baby Eagle (CZ clone).

The Glock is probably my first choice.
Be nice to that Beretta. That is the only gun I ordered brand new.
By Speedway
Browning Hi Power is a great gun, but they are not cheap.

For the money, the Glock is a great choice.
By glocks1986
sounds like a plan!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!