Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Cd586
Hey all -

I hope to sight in my newly acquired S&W 66-2 tommorrow. I had a quick and probably stupid question. The front ramp is stainless steel like the rest of the gun, and has the built in bright orange ramp. It's difficult to see the actual top of the front sight without blackening it. Am I supposed to sight the gun in to the tip of the orange ramp or do I color in the whole front sight with magic marker and sight it to the actual top of the front sight?
By Blaster
The top of the front sight should be aligned with the top of the rear sight. That is why I am of the opinion that all the fancy pants ways front sights are dressed up are nothing but distractions.
By Cd586
Thanks hayes, I understand that much, I just didn't know if the top of the colored ramp qualified as the top of the sight or the actual tip of the front sight was the sight point.
By JohnFH
I have been shooting a 66-2 for 20 some odd years, you really won't see the orange insert when shooting.
By Cd586
Thanks guys :)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!